Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st Time out with my new detector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I loved it! I went to a local beach on the Chesapeake Bay here. I only found bottle caps, metal tabs and a modern quarter. But just to be out and learning to use a detector was great! I plan to keep the quarter to always remind me of this day. My back is killing me and my arms are tired but it was all worth it. Happy
Don't worry, you will be finding good stuff in no time.Cool
Congratulations on your first hunt with that new detector. I think keeping the quarter for a momento is a great idea. Keep practicing and learning and your finds will get better all the time. Your sore back and arms are your badge of courage, and they will get better too. Hope you get out again soon and have something to share with us.
Congrats on the new detector! It is great you got out with it , soon the finds will start rolling in. My first find was a 1964 Nickle , it is still in my finds cabinet 7 years later.
HH
Pat
Also congrats here on the new detector! I don't have any of my very first coins from those years long ago. Cashed em all in and bought more equipment!!! Once you get the hang of it you'll be out there more and more. Two things that I've learned in the few years I've been detecting are 1. There is no such thing as a hunted out area, and 2. the real thrill comes when you begin swinging a site that you've researched and you start hitting keepers; silver coins, gold OR relics! The BEST of luck to you and hope to see some goodies!

Ed/ODF

ps... whereabouts at on the Chesapeake? I worked down in MD years ago at Point Lookout for a summer. Never detected back then but the "Crabbing" was out of this world!
Congrats on your 1st time out with your new detector. You had a good time at that's the most important part. You got a keeper too. I do not recall my first find, but I do
remember my first silver coin and my first gold ring. It was a Wow moment.

Do the research and put in the time more keepers are coming. Some will be WOW moments too. Look forward to seeing
your finds and hearing about the adventures. Happy
[attachment=9252]This is my first real find , honest Injuns!!
Put a 5" sniper coil on a new White's Eagle Spectrum and tried it in a prospect hole
9 grams of 23 k sponge gold on a garnet crystal.
needless to say , the rest of the finds that day were downhill.
Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it! Best of luck next time you're out YesYes
(01-12-2017 07:51 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]This is my first real find , honest Injuns!!
Put a 5" sniper coil on a new White's Eagle Spectrum and tried it in a prospect hole

I'm kinda bummed I couldn't see this attachment , it sounds like one of those posts that makes you say WOW!!!!
I bet if you weren't hooked on the hobby before, you were when that baby showed up.
Pat
(01-12-2017 08:18 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2017 07:51 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]This is my first real find , honest Injuns!!

I'm kinda bummed I couldn't see this attachment , it sounds like one of those posts that makes you say WOW!!!!
I bet if you weren't hooked on the hobby before, you were when that baby showed up.
Pat

It was there until I tried to edit the post.
Now it's gone and I can't get it back , kind of like my hairline.
Oh well........................
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's