Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: LUCKY Friday the 13th!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Being real tired of sitting around for a couple of days and having somewhat of a numb a$$ from staring at this machine all day, I decided to go troop around through the woods, in 28F weather, but it was kinda sunny. I knew it was Friday the 13th but I'm not superstitious. After hiking into the area, I came upon a nice high tone which read out like an IHP. Much to my surprise it was a heavy flat button. Cleaning it I discovered it's a Fearing & Hoyt, 270 Pearl St. New York and from what I can determine is from the mid 1800's.

Then a good distance away from that area I got a 62 D Rosie, my first silver coin of the year. Still in the woods, but about 15 feet from a well traveled bridle trail, got a screamer high tone with the AT Pro. Big coil btw and full power wide open on Pro Zero. I said to myself, "Man, this has got to be a can." . Well it wasn't. It was a silver thimble!!!! I had never seen an open tip thimble before so I first thought it was a ring! All it says is Sterling with the # 15 on it and no other markings. From what I've researched it's a Tailor's thimble and was popular prior to 1930. What it was doing in the woods is beyond me but I'll take it. That's also the first non coin silver I got this year.

Other items I found along the way that were of some interest were a lipstick tube with no markings, a little tiny pin or nameplate with no markings and a tiny piece of real thin lead that's been folded up. Was hoping it may have been a reale but it rang up like lead with tweaks toward silver.

Enjoy!!!

Have a great time out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Very cool finds Ed an open end thimble I have never seen one before! Gratz on a numb buttox from the cold rather then a chair! And the count begins!
Nice finds, good way to start the year. 
Congradulations!
Congrats on #1 FTY ODG. Nice thimble. I guess the warm weather sweeping across the country enabled everyone to get out on the same day. It should be warmer more often Chuckle Being able to be active in the Winter is a good thing. Keep up the good work.
Great finds and in January to boot you just can't beat it. A silver thimble is on my bucket list , I have been with people who dug them , but never got my coil over one.
   I hope the silver starting this early bodes well for a great year!
HH
Pat
Wow nice finds and silver too . great way to start the new year love the thimble
Sweet finds Ed! You did very well today with a nice assortment!
Very well deservedYesYes
Keep it up and happy hunting!
Nice going Ed. Glad to see you out and digging and glad to see the narratives back on your posts. Since I don't get out much, I'll walk along with you if you don't mind. Love the thimble, and it's a new one for me too.
Congratulations Ed, WTG! Cool finds for sure. I never saw or found an open thimble either, terrific find.
Congrats on the finds, especially the thimble!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's