Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First hunt of 2017 with a silver first!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got out around 1ish for about 3 hours... heh. Went to my newest permission I've been slowly getting around toon as it's huge. Hit 2 different fields I've not been in yet for about a equal amount of time.
My first keeper and only was from the 1st field. Out popped a silver! I thought it was a reale as the area is very old. But when I wiped off the dirt and revealed the SLQ...my first EVER silver quarter of any variety...I was just as happy! Finally. I've been waiting for it, and my first hunt of 2017, I got it. By the way, it's 1926.
So, anyway, the next field produced a beautiful blowhole button and a king george the.... ???? No clue. Lol. But it's a old coin and I'll be more than happy to take it.
As for the glass horse Rossete, I've not posted this find yet and figured I'd add it in. Apparently they are hard to come by? Idk, but I think it's cool and you can kinda see a horse figure through the glass.
Anyway, glad to have finally gotten out. Look foward to getting out more and trying some of these other fields and hope to share some more with you all soon
Goodluck all and happy hunting!
Zach
Congrats on your first ever silver quarter Zach!! That rosette is fabulous and too bad about how worn that kg is. Glad to see you could get out! This weather is nuts for January!!

Ed
(01-14-2017 12:32 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on your first ever silver quarter Zach!! That rosette is fabulous and too bad about how worn that kg is. Glad to see you could get out! This weather is nuts for January!!

Ed
Why thank you sir Edward, you did great today as well!
Sadly, most of these damn coppers come out toasty like my mom's cooking. Kidding, she's a ok cook. I'm better thoughYesYes
Anyway, I really liked the Rossete, it's very neat to me. A unusual relic, to me at least.
As for the weather, idk what's going on. I'm only 24, so I've only seen a small percentage of you old men...but damn what the hell is going on? It was 69 here, yesterday, the 12th of january. I looked briefly and I believe the high before that was 59 back in 2006 here when I was a wee little lad. But 10 degrees higher?! That's rediculous. The lowest low was 1988 and 0 degrees.
But hey, as long as the world isn't ending or something crazy. Keep bringing on the nice weather. I wouldn't mind the whole east coast to be like Florida!
Good finds Zach. The weather is crazy and I'm glad you could take advantage of it. Hope it lasts awhile.  70 degrees here yesterday and today and -3 just 4 nights ago.
Glad you snagged your first silver quarter, congrats.
(01-14-2017 01:37 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Good finds Zach. The weather is crazy and I'm glad you could take advantage of it. Hope it lasts awhile.  70 degrees here yesterday and today and -3 just 4 nights ago.
Glad you snagged your first silver quarter, congrats.
Thanks Tom! I couldn't agree more. I looked at the weather last night and saw from 5pm to 6pm in a hour, it dropped 4 degrees lol. Plus the snow and coldness from last week and now this? Crazy stuff.
Thanks again and take it easy buddy!
That rosette is cool. Congrats on the SLQ , a great start on the silver quarters. I've never dug one with a readable date , it seems like they wear there the most.
   The weather is crazy , we are supposed to get into the forties and even fifties this week , if it would only stay warm enough to thaw the ground that froze hard during a week of near zero lows with no snow to insulate it.
   I am loving that people are getting out and posting great finds like yours , it keeps me hyped to get out myself.
HH
Pat
Gratz on the first quarter I'm still waiting on mine have dime,nickle,half rings just not that quarter I have dug about 70 1965 quarters last year its out there and maybe the fisher is going to snag it!
Congratulations on your first silver quarter! And the rest of the finds are great too.
Great finds Zach, love the silver but what I like most is the blowhole button. Cool
great finds...congrats.  and your fist quarter being a SLQ with a date is awesome.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's