Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hall & Oates are Goners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm sorry but, blind as a bat when new posts come up. I no longer see the option to view new or recent posts.
I would have to go thru every post to spot the spamsters now.
(01-18-2017 07:15 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but, blind as a bat when new posts come up. I no longer see the option to view new or recent posts.
I would have to go thru every post to spot the spamsters now.

You can use the three bars on the top left to go to new post. It works, but liked how it was more convenient before.
Thanks, didn't even know those bars had any function
Updown is correct, Sven Yes I posted about how members can access the many features (including seeing new threads) via the black bars a couple of weeks ago, but you may not have seen the thread. Here it is, on the second page: http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...siRy0.dpbs
(01-15-2017 04:11 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't see the posts when they first went up, as I wasn't on the forum for a day or two. And another member who's quite new here actually PM'd me notifying me of their suspicious nature. Once I checked on what he pointed out, it was instantly clear that our new friends were spammers. I don't expect our members to be able to recognize when a user is legit versus non-legit, as it isn't their job, and it's sometimes not easy to spot. But in this instance it was so blatantly obvious that these guys were bullshit artists, I was surprised nobody detected even a whiff of funny business.

Along with the forum update, we now have an added feature to store, analyze & track i.p. addresses easier than before, so, if you guys see new members being banned after joining, it is because someone is a spammer, and the system will automatically get rid of the most obvious offenders.

After moderating on another forum for awhile you get an "eye" for what doesn't look right and a "nose" what smells spammy! Wink

Just to add, I didn't see how to Report a post until I just quoted your post here.  I see it is in the same drop down.

Great job on keeping this forum running smooth!
(01-19-2017 11:10 AM)SeabeeRon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2017 04:11 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't see the posts when they first went up, as I wasn't on the forum for a day or two. And another member who's quite new here actually PM'd me notifying me of their suspicious nature. Once I checked on what he pointed out, it was instantly clear that our new friends were spammers. I don't expect our members to be able to recognize when a user is legit versus non-legit, as it isn't their job, and it's sometimes not easy to spot. But in this instance it was so blatantly obvious that these guys were bullshit artists, I was surprised nobody detected even a whiff of funny business.

Along with the forum update, we now have an added feature to store, analyze & track i.p. addresses easier than before, so, if you guys see new members being banned after joining, it is because someone is a spammer, and the system will automatically get rid of the most obvious offenders.

After moderating on another forum for awhile you get an "eye" for what doesn't look right and a "nose" what smells spammy! Wink

Just to add, I didn't see how to Report a post until I just quoted your post here.  I see it is in the same drop down.

Great job on keeping this forum running smooth!

The "eye" and "nose" isn't always right, Ron, but as you know, if something smells like a pig, walks like a pig & talks like a pig, 99% of the time, it is a pig indeed, and needs to be dealt with swiftly.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's