Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hall & Oates are Goners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If anyone is wondering where those two idiots went in the welcome section, they're now on an extended vacation Wink Was it not clear to anyone but Updown that they were bullshit artists? We got some suspicious shit goin down here Bandit
Isn't that a band?
And yes, I did notice it was very....odd. and not um, idk, very real?
But the one dude said he was from Paris so I figured his English was bad. And the others, well, it was just weird.
But yeah, I figured it was bullpoop as well but I didn't want to discriminate on our new friends, heck I don't even discriminate when detecting.
R.i.p hall and oat
You will be missed.....No
I thought it was kinda weird, but at my age I seen a LOT of weird! So once I started to see people responding, I just followed the sheep!! Bahhhhhh!!!!

Ed
I didn't pay any attention to those two, each to his own. But no problem from me with you hitting the delete key
I just thought it was weird, that they didn't post much . I though they were approved when they joined. I guess I will have to sensor when I welcome anyone.
Thanks for the quick finger
I didn't see the posts when they first went up, as I wasn't on the forum for a day or two. And another member who's quite new here actually PM'd me notifying me of their suspicious nature. Once I checked on what he pointed out, it was instantly clear that our new friends were spammers. I don't expect our members to be able to recognize when a user is legit versus non-legit, as it isn't their job, and it's sometimes not easy to spot. But in this instance it was so blatantly obvious that these guys were bullshit artists, I was surprised nobody detected even a whiff of funny business.

Along with the forum update, we now have an added feature to store, analyze & track i.p. addresses easier than before, so, if you guys see new members being banned after joining, it is because someone is a spammer, and the system will automatically get rid of the most obvious offenders.
It was so obvious I didn't bother to reply, figuring that you, Sven, or Gilden would nail them pretty quickly. I've seen a few of these characters here over the last year and they meet their fate pronto. Thanks for clearing out the clutter.
(01-16-2017 01:01 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]It was so obvious I didn't bother to reply, figuring that you, Sven, or Gilden would nail them pretty quickly. I've seen a few of these characters here over the last year and they meet their fate pronto. Thanks for clearing out the clutter.

9 times out of 10 I can spot a bullshit post instantly. And I am quick with the axe, which is a necessity. I have been wrong a few times, but I'd rather opt on the side of site security and cleanliness, even if that means making a bad call occasionally and acting quickly.
Hey Joe: I've got egg on my face. Spotted Hall and Oates but thought the Treasure Baron guy was legit. Where did I go wrong? Anyway like they say, 2 out of 3.
(01-16-2017 11:15 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Joe: I've got egg on my face. Spotted Hall and Oates but thought the Treasure Baron guy was legit. Where did I go wrong? Anyway like they say, 2 out of 3.

The Red Baron comes in here and puts up THREE IDENTICAL POSTS about needing some cockamamie parts for something, all in different sections of the forum. One of which was in someone else's thread where they were introducing themselves. That's called SPAMMING.

I'm not really a harsh guy, but if admin'ing this place has taught me anything over the years, it's that there's zero tolerance for morons. He was either blind to proper forum etiquette, or was here for B.S. purposes, so either way, his loss, our gain.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's