Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New $100 coin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a pretty cool and interesting read, I enjoyed it and hope you all do too. If only I could get one....that'd be a awesome piece of history to own!

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytime...n.amp.html
Those commemorative coins really hold their value but that's a first for the mint with the $100 face value, I think, in gold. They are so pricey. I wish the mint made 1/10 th ounce coins. That, I could afford!

Ed
(01-14-2017 01:14 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Those commemorative coins really hold their value but that's a first for the mint with the $100 face value, I think, in gold. They are so pricey. I wish the mint made 1/10 th ounce coins. That, I could afford!

Ed
I do believe so as well. I'm not aware of any other $100 face value coins. But then again, I've just never heard of any. As for a 1.6g version...I believe that would be a great idea! But it would be tiny, so either a mixture or whatever or just a tiny cool coin!
Thanks for this one Zach; a very interesting story. First time I've seen an image of the coin. I haven't bought any commemoratives and the price would surely keep me from getting one of these.
Too rich for my blood , but cool. If they want to sell a couple at face value I got some clad to cash inHappy.
Thanks for the post.
Pat
I heard about this the other day on the radio, thanks for sharing the details. It does look like a beautiful gold coin but yes too rich for me too.
I hope I can find a gold coin soon, and it doesn't matter if it a one, two, three or five or ten or twenty or even a fifty......but a 100 is got to be historic for the US Mint.....very
cool idea..
Very neat. Should make the gold bugs quite happy. Interesting design. Not sure I get it, or even like it, but a gold coin is a gold coin.
Reference URL's