Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Barber Dime, V-Nick, Silver & Gold whatsits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=9281]
Had a nice time before work today. 1st target was a 1904 Barber Dime in an area i've probably swung over dozens of times. 

[attachment=9277]

Not too long after than I got a penny signal at about 3-4"...turned out to be a .925 whatsit. Looks kinda like a mini shoe horn. 

[attachment=9278]

It slowed down for a while after that but right at the end of the hunt I got some more keepers. 1901 V-Nickel, what appears to be a gold-plated hair pin of some sort, a silver-washed cufflink, and a dog tag.

[attachment=9279] [attachment=9280] [attachment=9281]
Very nice haul Yes you're doing very well! Keep it up and happy hunting!
Great collections of finds!!
Very nice Looks like a silver shoe horn and a rectangle luggage tag gratz on the barber! I am a firm believer that no area can totally be cleaned out as the earth shifts this way and that flipping a coin from side to flat over time. Grunts are BINGS just waiting to happen!
Congrats on the nice finds. Happy
thanks all.  btw a friend in maryland thinks that octagonal thing is a crop pickers check...
Those finds probably put a nice smile on your face when you headed into work. Gotta love a barber and the silver whatsit. Thanks for sharing them , now I can head to work with a smile too.
Pat
Nice finds! I was going to say luggage tag but Clad beat me to it! Love the Barber and it just goes to show us that it's still there, somewhere in the dirt. As far as shoehorn, that'd be my best guess too. But who knows. It's .925. That's what counts for now! Bet you were the happiest guy at work!

Ed
Nice haul Chris. It's been a while since I've gotten a V nickel.
Gerry
Heck of a hunt, Chris...little bit of everything Yes I hope that is a crop pickers check, as I dug the exact same piece, and was thinking it was an old luggage tag or hotel room tag. I'll try to post a photo of the one I found, as it would be interesting to see if the numbers are different or not.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's