Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sterling Class Ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Put in a short hunt before work. Pretty slim pickins except for my first class ring. Rang up like a clad quarter at 2", and I never pass up an easy quarter. The ring reads "1984" and "Avon Avenue School", which is in beautiful Newark, NJ. There are initials on the inside of the ring, so i'm really looking forward to trying to find the owner. Hopefully he now owns several acres of undetected land with a colonial mansion on it. 

[attachment=9287] [attachment=9288] [attachment=9289]
Man, Chris you're really knocking them dead lately. Beautiful find.
Gerry
That's a honker! Should be able to able to contact the school easily, but without a name on the piece, might be difficult to find the rightful owner, Chris. Either way, beautful find Yes
Yeah I emailed an administrator at the school but with just initials it's a shot in the dark
Initials will narrow it down a lot, as will the year, so it's a good possibility, especially if they can get a copy of that year's yearbook, that the owner can be traced. It'll take some legwork, but what a story if you can put that in the hands of the person who lost it.
Very nice find and cool your locating the owner if possible good luck on that mansion permission for returning it Happy
What a nice find . I think you have a good shot at returning it , I managed to get one to it's owner from 1975 . Of course it was a small school....
HH
Pat

Ps good luck on the mansion thing.
Beautiful ring!

Hope you're able to return it and at least get a big fat reward Happy

Beer
Congrats on a beautiful ring and your first! Also best of luck on the return and detecting his 1000 acre farm TongueYesYes
A real nice find for sure and I do hope you are successful at at returning it. It says a lot for you that you are willing to try. You are having a good start to 2017; hope it continues for you. And looking back, 2016 wasn't too shabby either! Congrats.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's