Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I found twins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have had a rare 6 days above freezing in January here so I got to dirt fish yesterday. I chose an old permission that I thought I had done 
A very good job on in the past. It is an old foundation just outside of town.
   The targets were few and far between , last time here I did a dig everything hunt with the f2. I first found the 1920 wheatie , it has a sticky film on it sorta like old axle grease . Not far away I got a high tone close to the foundation wall. Out pops the first 26 merc.  That got me a little more excited for this hunt. The going got a little slow for awhile and then I got the second 26 merc just as I was about to hang it up for the day. Even with an hour extension to this hunt I was unable to find anything other than a phone call from the Mrs. Saying hey you said you'd be back a while ago.
   I've got one more nice day forecast , but the honey do list is a bit long.
   I hope everyone gets a chance to get out and that they have as much fun as I did.
Pat
[attachment=9308]
Congratulations on the Two Mercs and a wheatie! But you know what they say, No Pictures No finds. Chuckle
(01-22-2017 11:10 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on the Two Mercs and a wheatie! But you know what they say, No Pictures No finds. Chuckle

Oops , I was so excited to be adding a finds post in January I forgot to add the pics. Thanks for the heads up , Updown.
PatThink
Nice finds Pat. It's interesting to see the different wear patterns on the Mercs. It means that the one on the left was in circulation longer than the one on the right.
Gerry
Nice mercs! We're having a mild winter in NJ, too. Only another 5 weeks til March. Cue the happy dance music!
Nice outting pat! I've yet to snag 2 silvers in a day, so you did very well! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're able to get out again soon! Keep it up and best of luckYesYes
Great catch! Love them Mercs!

Ed
Oh love the twins and I love finding wheats very nice look for almost 100 years old.
Nice work Pat. The twins are a great way to celebrate a day out swinging, especially given your normal temps there. I think that sticky substance must have helped protect the wheat from corrosion; it looks to be in real good condition.
Wow, two mercy that close together and the same day, I love it. Congratulations!
Reference URL's