Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1 Bucket Lister & Oldest silver!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Being late to the posting today I get to commend you twice; once for the super silver find and now I see Joe has selected it for the banner. Very nice and a well deserved honor. Consider putting it somewhere besides that cigar box ----a nice little frame on the wall would do it justice.
Big Congrats Ed!
A real is on everyone's top finds list.
Congrats Ed!! You definitely deserve this. You put in so much work, it's great to see you reap the rewards!

I say banner, for sure!!
Wow! Congratulations on first Reale! That is freaking awesome regardless of its condition. I'm happy for you and you know it might be a good idea to hit that area nice and slow. Break out the BIG coil when you get the shallower stuff out.Yes

How deep was it, if you don't mind be asking?
Congratulations on that terrific find and number two for the year. You never know what you will find and that is what I love about this crazy hobby.
(01-23-2017 03:42 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Congratulations on first Reale! That is freaking awesome regardless of its condition. I'm happy for you and you know it might be a good idea to hit that area nice and slow. Break out the BIG coil when you get the shallower stuff out.Yes

How deep was it, if you don't mind be asking?

4 inches Up. But some of that area used to be the edge of farmland way back to as late as the 1920's. In some spots you can still see the furrows but it's all overgrown now. It's interesting you ask because that specific area is mostly all clay with very little humus covering, maybe an inch with the leaves, compared to 3 and 4 inches in other spots of the same general area. So because of the furrows I think this was actually turned up a long time ago and probably sank somewhat again. You can barely see it in the photos, but I slightly skinned the rim on one side with the Hori Hori digger. I targeted it but it was on end in the 6 o'clock position at the edge of the hole. I was using the 8.5x11 coil. The signal was loud and clear and the depth gauge was right on. I just missed the darn thing by an inch. Hard to target with all the saplings and stuff in the way.

Ed
Congrats Ed = nice piece O silver there!

Been out diggin myself here in MI for the last week Big Grin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's