Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1 Bucket Lister & Oldest silver!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I never thought I'd ever find one of these! I think it's some sort of Real, but what kind I don't know. I do know it's 177???? maybe a 9 or a 2. It'll be my oldest silver coin find. It's thin as paper. Gave me a nice tight high tone on the AT Pro with the digital bouncy between 78 and 81. Was only around 4 inches down in that area where I'm pulling up old buttons and had previously gotten an LC and Canadian 1/2 penny. Wasn't jumping for joy about it. Happy sure. My lower back and legs were killing me about three hours in when I did find it. Scoured the area pretty good after that and then headed back to the truck around 4 pm. Weather was gorgeous for January but that's changing this week. This coin was in the rough and overgrown sapling area around 20 feet from the bridle trail. It was pretty muddy too. I took a towel with me and it's a wreck. From playing dodgems with wild roses, raspberry bushes and saplings of all sizes I'm bushed. Work again tomorrow so I'm signing off!

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Wow sweet find Ed I think I'd pee myself id I pulled that out of the ground!
Great find Ed yes a lot of the time they are thin - but sweet congrats
CONGRATS ED! That's an awesome find for your area, I knew it was a matter of time until you pulled something amazing. And I'm glad it's your first reale! I looked at it zoomed in for about 5 minutes and looked at a 1772 and 1779 on google images and I can't make it out. Maybe you can determine by looking at examples and at your coin close up. But either way, it is for sure a half reale from carlous the 3rd! Congrats again, you deserve it man!
Btw, I just pulled my oldest reale yesterday and now you got this, it's funny how finds work. Usually always happens!
Best of luck and happy hunting!!!YesYesBeerBeer
WTG Ed!! That is a REAL for real! Congrats!

Glad to see you spelled it right as well!! LOL
WOW! Yep, that's Spanish silver. I have a few that are "slickers", but yours is in better condition. When they're worn you can actually bend them they're so thin. I believe that to be a half variety. Surprised nobody said banner. Don't know about anyone else, but I'm impressed, and that'll go up top. Congrats, Ed.
(01-22-2017 06:56 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]CONGRATS ED! That's an awesome find for your area, I knew it was a matter of time until you pulled something amazing. And I'm glad it's your first reale! I looked at it zoomed in for about 5 minutes and looked at a 1772 and 1779 on google images and I can't make it out. Maybe you can determine by looking at examples and at your coin close up. But either way, it is for sure a half reale from carlous the 3rd! Congrats again, you deserve it man!
Btw, I just pulled my oldest reale yesterday and now you got this, it's funny how finds work. Usually always happens!
Best of luck and happy hunting!!!YesYesBeerBeer

WTG Ed!! That is a REAL for real! Congrats!

Glad to see you spelled it right as well!! LOL

Ron, I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, but maybe you're being a bit harsh? I know it was meant in jest, but others mightn't Happy
Great job Ed! That Spanish silver will look awesome on the banner. I'm sure it looks good in your finds display. Come to think of it with all of the great finds I have seen you make in the short time I have been on here your finds display would be cool to see anyway.
   I hope to see many more great finds posted by you.
Pat
Thanks Joe! And Zach, Ron, Steveo, Clad!

I'm pretty sure that if I tried I could bend it. I'd heard they were pretty thin but I didn't take it too seriously. Now I'm a believer! That area up there is pretty old and this one coin proves it. I'm going to listen a little more carefully next time I'm up there. I may be passing them up!

Thanks Pat! Actually my display for coins is a big wooden Cigar box! I'd thought about making a shadowbox display from an old clock, but handing a guest a 2 pound box of silver coins is a lot more impressive! (And I'm pretty lazy too!)

Ed
Nice going Ed. Old silver is always a great find regardless of condition.

Gerry
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's