Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pick up numbers 3 & 4 for the month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there folks, have you been out? Here in NJ it has been fairly warm for a January but the last few days there was a cold wind blowing from the west and north at times.
When I was a boy we wouldn't have the best winter clothes and we were out all of the time, so why not in this beautiful January weather I tell myself.
The trade off when I was young was getting sick plenty of times just to have some laughs with friends.
I was lucky enough to score three wheat cents, the oldest was 1946 and two from the fifties.
I was also lucky enough to pick up a 1937 mercury dime in terrific shape for it's age (on the back that is, the front isn't that good). I also found a
1961 Washington quarter.
I left the quarter dirty. I wanted to show folks that sometimes silver coins don't always come out of the ground looking sweet. Maybe that is the
reason why it was passed.
No brag just happy. Good luck to all viewers.
Glad to see you could get out Big T and congrats on # 3 & 4 for January. Haven't been out this week yet. Too tired. May try tomorrow but it's going to be pretty cold with the wind. Best of luck the remainder of this month and February!

Ed
Thanks Ed. I know that tired feeling all to well. You probably burning the candel at both ends.......
Thanks for sharing the January silver . We are back to having frozen ground and a little bit of snow , so it kind of warmed me up a bit.
HH
Pat
Glad I was able to do that even though it was only a little bit warmer. Spring is getting closer...I can feel it
Good job nailing the two silvers Tony. I haven't seen any long range forecasts lately but I'm hoping the weather will hold for you and the other members reporting good luck in what is usually a bad time. Mid-January to mid-February is usually our worst winter weather time here in Virginia. Mostly ice and freezing rain. When I walked around the yard today I saw the jonquils popping up, so it can't be too long before spring weather gets to us.
I'm pretty sure when all of us were younger we didn't feel the cold now my knuckles tell me when a storm is on the way! Gratz on 3,4 I have still yet to find a silver quarter but this is the year! I may have to visit NJ this year for work they have a big meeting for all the property managers and maintenance supervisors maybe i'll just show up for the first day and the other 2 go detecting Happy
Congratulation on the Silvers! Beautiful Merc and Big Silver makes for a awesome day. I'll put up with a little shivering for it. Happy Glad you had a good time and you should do it again soon.
Thanks Shade, Clad and Updownup. Yeah, the weather is great for detecting but they say snow is on the way soon.
Good luck out there
Congrats on 3 & 4 FTY! You have a good jump on the coming detecting season already Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's