Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: F75 with Cors Shrew coil 3.5x6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another run at my 8 inch test bed with iron in it the Cors Shrew nice little football shaped coil. I also ran through it in Almost all of the modes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNWAJ9En868
Pretty tough with that small coil. Nice representation of the F75 with the coil though. If you want the old coins you'd have to go to something like an ultimate 13". That way you're covered for stuff 8 to 12" deep. Noisey in the parks but if the tones are what they are then that's the way to go.

Ed
He might be right about the coil thingy. I didn't purchase the Ultimate 13 inch but I did get 10 x 12 SEF and it hits hard on good targets at depth, on edge or just plain
waiting for you.

Good luck out there whatever you use.
Whelp the detector came with the 15 inch fisher coil but using that in an iron rich messy test bed would really make for a poor video I will need to make another one with some deep cleaner targets as if i'm in an open field. (When it warms up alittle)
I think you did a great job. Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and a man can never have enough coils lol.
I was pretty impressed that the small loop was even hitting on some of those deepies, so credit to the coil. Your video illustrates why deep coin hunters prefer the ML's as opposed to the F75's/T2's. It isn't that the F75's cannot hit/hear the targets that the ML's can, but as was evident in your test, the VDI info was all over the map. Even if you were fortunate enough to hear some of those chirps on an actual in-the-field hunt, would you chase them? To me, they didn't lock on, or say "dig me." The VDI info will be better with a larger coil, but will still be bouncy on items over 4" or 5". But...

If there's a lot of iron present at your sites, the ML's will null out, and you'll wind up missing lots of stuff anyways. So you'd be better off with the F75. You said you wanted to start finding silver. If you do, ML is the way to go. If you're hunting mostly heavy trash/iron filled spots though, I say stick with the F75 and simply dig everything that gives you a consistent high tone.
Reference URL's