Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 3 in a snow squall!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went back to that spot I found the real in and scoured the whole area for about 3 hours. Temp was around 30F and no winds. Then it started snowing pretty good so I felt I had to head to the truck about a half mile away. There's a really big open field when you get out of the woods, I'd guess about 40 acres of grass, and I've done parts of it but never found much. I can't even see the truck, still some distance away in the parking area, it's snowing that hard. About 100 feet out of the woods I get this really nice high tone with a pretty consistent 81,2,3 & 4. Targets pretty tight and the depth meter says ~ 8 inches. Dig a big round hole 6 inches deep and pinpoint a target in the bottom at about 1 o'clock. Pop another piece of dirt and there's a Barber Dime staring me in the face. Now I had been thinking maybe a Rosie or a late Merc but a Barber was a real surprise.

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Hats off to you Ed! That is a super find on a bad day, and I'm glad you got a reward for your efforts in the cold. And it is in fine shape too---nice little bonus.
Nice ED somehow I figured you would be out today! Keep it up !
Congratulations on a beautiful #3! Very cool coin for a very cold day, WTG!
way to go Ed! That dime is in fine shape , it is a great reward for toughing out the cold.
Pat
Thanks guys! But I wasn't the least bit cold. I am so dressed up for it I could camp out overnight! Plus I had an 18 oz. YETI thermos of hot chicken broth with me! Perfect stuff for parking your carcass on a log and taking a smoke break.

Ed
Wow, you really were in the woods. That is one thing I say I am going to do but don't, I should rest at times and let the body recover some.
Probably a good idea so that my back won't hurt as much as it does on some outings.
I think that's one of the best condition Barbers I've ever seen before, way to go, Ed Wink You should work for the Post Office...through sleet, through rain, through snow!
I agree, that is a great looking barber! I have only found one in a dried up lake and it's in horrible shape. Those trips back truck can be awesome. Reminds a time when i hunted all day covering miles. Decided to call it a day. Walking back 20 ft from the car i popped out a almost perfect merc. I smiled and said seriously you were this close.
You will have to give this area a 2nd look. Wow, that is pretty! Good job!

Like your planning efforts too. You come prepared!
Thanks Big T, Joe, Pat and Up! You guys crack me up!!! Chuckle There are times Big T when my legs and lower back are so sore I don't know if I'm really going to make it out of the woods! Chuckle So I know how you feel. You do pretty good in the grass though so I wouldn't fret over the woods. That Barber, it's in pretty good shape, I'll admit. Mostly you can tell by the rim not being flattened out and you can still see Liberty on her head.

But now the snow here on this end of town is 6 inches deep so I'll be idle until it melts some! (RATS!)

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's