Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: State copper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, haven't been out at all lately. Things haven't been the best and have been super busy with unexpected things. But all is well now.
Anyway, I got out for 6 hours today, 2 wheat pennies. And on the way back to the car, 30 seconds before I was there I got a deep faint high tone. Knew it had to be a coin. Turned out to be a NJ state copper(shield I'd barely visible in pics). My 2nd one to date. The side with the date is toast. So either 1786-1788. Little less detailed than my first, but happy to ID and have it.
Hh and best of luck
Awesome! I like how things just pop up on the way back to the car , some of my best finds have happened that way. I hope you get the chance to get out some more. 
   We are getting lows in the teens for a couple of nights , this will keep the ground pretty hard , so finds like yours are a bright spot.
  Spring is getting closer though , so maybe things will get better.
HH
Pat
Good to see you were able to shake things off and hunt again. I'm sorry your copper was toasted, but it's still a great find and one to be proud of. Keep em coming.
Cool congratulations
Dang! So much history in your ground I love and hate the walk back to the car each swing every beep has me on my toes. I am amazed how you could date that !
Ah the infamous on the way back to the car find! And a good one too! Glad you're getting out again bud. I hope you have an incredible year...well last year was incredible for you, so what's better than incredible? INCREDIBLER! lol.
That's some good i.d. work, Zach, I cannot make out anything except the faint impression of a shield on one side. Excellent find! You should walk back to your car more often during your hunts Chuckle
Great find! Keep em coming! Gl and hh!
GREAT find Zach! I don't know what it is about walking back to the car but that happens to me too! Kinda makes me want to quit early and swing my way back to the truck!

Ed
Congratulation on the nice find! That is a oldie! Very nice find regards of it condition. Thanks for sharing!
Reference URL's