Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Weather Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like the weather will be favorable mid week and weekend for a pleasant change.
The back has been repaired so I can walk without pain and I have a new 17" coil to break in.
Also got a Detector Buddy harness to help with the additional load.
The wife has been informed of my plans so it looks like it may all fall in place.
I've been able to sneak out and test the new coil in the test garden and play with setttings so I'm ready to dig.
Also have a new 6" coil to also, new toys ;-)
BT
It's great when everything falls together. I look forward to seeing your great finds. Our weather looks like it will be favorable too , unfortunately mandatory overtime is looming along with an 8 year old begging to go to Monster Jam.....
GL & HH 
Pat
This may ruin your day but what the heck,,,,,,
http://md-hunter.com/coiltek-14x9-dd-for...-new-2017/
9 x 14 sounds like a great size for the CTX , it's very effective on the etrac but I'll bet the price is staggering.
The nice thing about the CTX having it's weight so high in the handle is that a large heavy coil like the 17" doesn't feel as heavy as it is. If you use it in an area where you get a respectable number of targets to dig , a swing aid won't really be necessary. A couple of hours with it is not difficult at all. You might want to consider making a couple of lower shafts for the lighter coils out of PVC and using the factory one on the 17". There was a "how-to" thread a while back on Find's and it's relatively easy if you're inclined to doing those sort of things,,,not perfect or fancy but not $150 a pop either.
I know the CoilTect 10x5 is like $400 + bucks. That's more expensive that the Minelab Coils so this new one has to be way up there.
I think I'll be happy with the 17" for relic hunting and lots of digging for sure.

The harness will be a work in progress to see how it helps or gets in the way.

I have never seen a how to on the shaft, if you stumble back on it post a link , I'll be searching to.

I'm thinking about getting the new Anderson Shaft. They say they will be easier on the cable coming out of the coil and going in the shaft.
If it turns out to be better I'll have one to save the cables.
Lots of guys have coil failure due to the cable wearing and coming apart.
BT
Thanks Dusty, I'm going to check that out
BT
I use mine in England 14 hrs a day for 2 weeks straight no harness or support use standard coil lots of depth. Relic hunting I dig everything but small iron.
Good luck this weekend ben I am heading to Illinois Sat am for the weekend detecting
Good luck Ben! Yes You know this is pretty crazy weather when it's 50F in Cleveland, Ohio on February 14th! Usually we're digging out a ton of snow! No

I'm actually very glad to hear about your back improving after what you went through. I've noticed over the years that as tired as I get tromping around the woods, the next day I feel even better! I guess the "Boss" made us to use our bodies to the best of our abilities as often as we like, when we can.

Hoping the configuration you come up with brings you back the thrill of swinging! Because there is nothing like it in the whole world!

Ed
Reference URL's