Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: THE NEW NOKTA IMPACT - INTRODUCTION/UNVEILING VIDEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to be in on the testing of the Impact during the final stages of software development. Not from Day one like Tom D and another well known/highly skilled developmental tester did during the initial/early development stages but for the last month or so to give field evaluation/reports on as they did some updating and the final tweaking for upcoming release.

Anyway - here's a link to my intro video of it to talk about design/build quality, etc. I'll have more on it over the next day or 2 via post with pictures of infield hunts to show some of what was found and discuss some of the settings, conditions, etc in which I found everything and in how the machine operates/operated, as well as, modes used, etc. I'll also get a live infield video up soon showing how to set it up for coin/relic hunting, and various settings used for each.

Thanks for reading/watching

Video = here >> https://youtu.be/BTdvnNXPtO0
Here's one of the hunts I did back in late January in a sea of iron type site (1860s house site/house long gone) but is farm field now.

I was using the Impact with the stock coil and testing/running Di4 and Di99 this day with sens at 85, 0 disc. tone break 20, iron vol 3. This soil runs 1 bar on the mireral graph.

I was on the fringes of the nails/iron when I got a good high tone round sounding type signal and almost gave up diggin the crusty Injun as it was so deep I thought no way it could be a coin even though it had the classic signature/sound of a coin but I started to think it may be a large deep piece of brass or the like until the last shovel full and out it popped to my befuddlement - notice the 9' long Garrett pin-pointer 3 to 4" down in the hole the Injun came out of - the coin was at the very bottom. This field has stuff anywhere from surface finds to around 2ft deep and all in between as the farmer plows/tills in spring and fall so some of this stuff was deep and some just avg. 6 to 8"

Pics show the best for the day and as dug in secession from

#1 crusty/dateless Injun
#2 1868 .02 center
#3 1800s suspender clip
#4 1832 German Silver coin
junk not shown but I dug some of that too.

[Image: imp1_zpskxbbcfg8.jpg]

[Image: imp2_zpszgvarr8z.jpg]

[Image: imp3_zpsdcdwztx9.jpg]

[Image: imp4_zpsul0yujgc.jpg]

[Image: imp5_zpsgxeugjlb.jpg]

[Image: imp6_zpsypljk0bi.jpg]

[Image: imp7_zpsaguxgdqm.jpg]

[Image: imp8_zpsh4pv6vel.jpg]
Looks like a great machine Wayne! Great video! They sent it to the right person too! You really can take a detector through its paces. Good luck with it. Congrats on the 2 center and that German silver as well!

Ed
Congratulations on the nice finds and machine. Thanks for sharing.
It looks like Nokta hit it out of the park again. That hunt must have been fun.
  Being a field tester would be a great opportunity , I look forward to seeing more reports on it.
Pat
Been waiting for this one. I like that it has multiple frequencies. Would you say this machine is up there with the deep field detectors already out?
(02-19-2017 08:36 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Been waiting for this one. I like that it has multiple frequencies. Would you say this machine is up there with the deep field detectors already out?

Hey Zach

yes, it is right on par with any of the upper end VLF field detectors as to depth, speed/separation ability and
versatility out there on the market.

Here's a good idea of what you get from this machine,

it's a very versatile type unit, the Impact is like owning several machines in one. If you want to hunt gold
nuggets in the desert/mountain regions you can pick from a couple of the all metal/static modes, if you want
to hunt deep coins in a modern trash filled park/like setting or hunt for gold/jewelry on a beach, you have a
couple of programs to pick from for each and can tweak them via (notching, tones depending on mode, etc),
if you want to hunt relics in iron infested sites/camps, etc you can select Di2/3 and set it up like the Fors Relic

additionally, they have added modes like Di4 and Di99 which are an "old/nail site" coin hunters dream
(works for relics too) for sifting thru the nails/iron (especially Di99), and then there's the "mixed mode" that is
threshold based all metal with the ability to bring the disc. in --- to ignore/block out metals you're not looking for
by making those a low/iron like tone mixed in with a higher 2nd tone for all metals above the disc setting you
choose.

Add to that the ability to choose between 3 freq. and the ability to tweak each mode in certain ways
(some in some ways and others in other ways) and you've got a "site/condition" specific machine to use to your
advantage per site/conditions.

Basically you don't have to buy/own/bring 2 or 3 different machines with you to search for the targets you're
seeking in one or more type of site/s through the course of a day/week/month, and can adjust the machine to
hunt for whatever you're looking for at each site in/under different conditions.

That's the beauty of and concept behind this unit.
It sounded like the battery life was horrific,,,did they ever get that worked out or does it still go through a set of batteries in a day of hunting?
(02-20-2017 07:55 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]It sounded like the battery life was horrific,,,did they ever get that worked out or does it still go through a set of batteries in a day of hunting?

You get about 15/16 hrs of run time out of a set of batts when using the rechargeable headphones linked up

if you use corded headphones you'll get more like 20 hrs use/run time --

I usually hunt 4 to 5 hrs at a time so I get 3 to 4 hunts out of them

but

if you buy the pro-pak (machine, 2 coils, kickstand, carry bag, etc) you also get a set of rechargeable batts,
for the machine, a wall charger and car charger too and then you only need alkalines for backups as
you'll get 8/10 hrs run time out of those
I've been hearing the chatter about this machine like everyone else, for the past few months, Wayne. Here's my question, since, as you know, I'm mainly a deep coin hunter...

How does it do in that regard? I've hunted with many machines that can get great depth, but the VDI information was useless after a few inches. That seems to be the fatal flaw with most machines (new or old) for deep coin hunters like myself, most of whom prefer the Minelabs. So, if you can honestly tell me the Impact will hit on and properly i.d. a dime at 8, 9 or 10" in mineralized ground, I'm interested. If not, in my opinion, it's a unit best suited for relic hunting, or for working iron saturated sites...and there are already a ton of machines capable of that. So I'm not sure what the Impact is billing itself as. Deep coin unit? Relic machine? General purpose detector? Also...

I like to keep things simple when it comes to detectors, from an operational standpoint. I honestly don't know what most of that jargon means on the screen; COG, DI, VLX, etc. To me, that's spells "confusing" and difficult to set-up, but maybe I'm wrong. Almost looks like another V3i, a machine one needed a Ph.D to properly fine tune.

Unlike you, Wayne, I've never touched one, let alone swing one, so maybe my assumptions are off base. Just giving my initial thoughts, as us detectorists have been down this road many times before, whenever a new machine comes out and everyone starts getting riled up with excitement. It would be nice to know what the real deal is, and to have the facts, so please do share Yes

P.S. - Was a bit hard to concentrate on watching the video with all of your killer finds cases in the background Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's