Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st day out in awhile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The weather finally cooperated and I was able to get out to the fort site for about 3 hrs.
Found a nice Jews Harp " second one from that site" another trade point, a neat little metal babble , the rear sight off a gun, a nice thimble, lead musket ball and a bunch of small lead pieces and the usual copper, brass pieces, one piece looks like maybe part of a watch mechanism or something on that
order
I used the new 17" coil and I can't say that it lacks in the ability to find small pieces, they drove me nuts.
I just searched one quadrant of the site and will focus on another tomorrow.
Started off with the new Detector Buddy Harness but soon found out that with all the targets to dig it only got in the way.
It does help and will be useful somewhere down the road.
Trying to cover it all before the farmer starts working the ground, as it will be two years before it will be back in beans and searchable, not going to even
going try and fight corn stubble next fall.
It's great to get back to it ;-)
BT
Congratulations on nice finds and getting out. I agree, that large coil doesn't have a problem finding the small stuff either. Sounds like a neat place to hunt. Musket balls , and thimble are always prized. Hope your future hunts uncovers even more. Gl , HH!
Congrats on all the finds! Love the harp and the thimble! Yes I've been thinking about a larger coil for my AT Pro. Looks like NEL are the only ones available. I'm beginning to think that a lot of the real old stuff is pretty deep.

Ed
That looks like a great day of digging. Thanks for sharing .

After years of digging a thimble is still on my bucket list.
HH
Pat
Fantastic relics in their own right, and also excellent indicators signaling the potential old coins that are most likely hiding out there, too Wink Do you find yourself using the CTX's Target Trace feature much? Curious as to what you (and others reading this) have to say about that, as to me, it seems like the greatest thing since sliced bread. That alone is why I would purchase a CTX. But is it more of a gimmicky time waster, or is it very accurate?
I would like to think that there would be a coin or two, but so far No coins! And I have hit The site pretty hard.
I do like Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint , it's selected on my machine all the time.
It does " paint " a nice picture of what's under the coil. Helps show the size of the object under the coil, will show multiple targets.
You can tell if it's just small iron in with the disired Target, it's a great feature.
One of the best features on the 3030 ;-)
BT
Reference URL's