Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: February double gold!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the ground frozen and about 3' of snow hampering our lovely hobby, I decided to hit the beach. My wife took the dog and my son took his drone, so we all had a blast. It was well above freezing today, so why not, right?! I managed to dig a couple of vintage 10k gold rings! I'm sure several other detectorists hit that beach after the big storm we had and cleaned up on the rings, but thankfully they left these two behind for me. They must have felt guilty lol. Thanks for looking. No video this time, as there were way too many people and dogs.
Congratulations on TWO gold rings! Wow, looks and sounds like a great day for everyone and as you know a two gold day is awesome for any detectorist! Yes Thanks for sharing!
Congrats on a great day of detecting , two gold in a day is awesome anytime , but in February as far north as you are ; WOW!
It made it even better that your family was there having fun too.
HH
Pat
NICE CATCH RELIC! Man, 2 gold rings in a day is phenomenal! Congratulations!

Ed
Nice score!

Beer
EXCELLENT!!! That's one of the reasons I love beaching hunting...the sand doesn't freeze in the Winter Yes If you found 2 rings at that place in the dead of Winter, god only knows how many fresh drops the depositors leave behind during the warmer months, R.M. Wink
Joe, I agree, but here's the problem...in Canada, all provincial parks are off limits while the park is open. The beach is part of the provincial park, therefore metal detecting is not allowed from May-October. Many other guys detect it year round, and they do well, but I don't want to end up being blacklisted or asked to leave if I ever got caught. I enjoy hunting it during the winter months when the ground is frozen at th cellar holes, so I don't want to lose that. Sometimes it literally doesn't pay to play by the rules, but it's more beneficial in the long run I guess. Here's a pic of the rings cleaned up:
I enjoyed seeing your great results from the beach hunt. Must have been a real joy to be able to hunt there when all else is frozen. I appreciate your predicament with regard to the rules there.
Cleveland Metro parks is the same after May 15 no beach hunting till October. Nice rings does that top one have like a cats eye on it?
It has a small green emerald or something. Nice green stone, whatever it is haha
Reference URL's