Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A LOT of unknown relics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to Metal detecting and I have a lot to learn. Hence I have a lot of relics I have no idea about. Two places that I've been hunting, one is in the middle of the woods and was told it was a sheep farm years ago. The other is an old form that they say had coalminer camps on it. First I'll post pictures from the old sheep farm

The item next to the Indian head penny. I left it in pic for size comparison
Sorry, no help on identification. Congratulations on the nice finds. You are off to a good start with old relics, IH, and located good old ground. That is not cover with pavement.
Those are interesting pieces, but like Updown I don't have much to offer in the way of an ID. The first item does remind me of a type of cleat that a knotted rope could be slipped into to hold something firm. I hope you can get some help with this. In the meantime, keep on digging; when you hit a big silver coin, you won't have to ask anyone what it is! Good luck.
shade I would agree that first one is some sort of tie down
The second one I think is a button of some kind it does say ( Double and it would finish saying Gold guilt) just a idea
not for sure on the third maybe coverall strap end the old days they had a hole not a snap
Hope this helps some
Thanks guys,
That does make sense. Thanks for the input.
Reference URL's