Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #4 1917 P Walking Liberty BIG SILVER!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know how this happens but I decided to stop at these woods after work which I've done about a half dozen times and the only reason I stopped is because I was just too lazy to go anywhere else. Now I've never found anything of any import in these woods except for maybe a couple wheats. But I hadn't done all the woods. Just the suspect areas where I found a lot of bullets, headstamps and a few campfire spots. The area is pretty peaceful and full of giant Beech and Oak trees, which really turns me on when it comes to swinging in the woods. I love old virgin woods! So again, after 2.5 hours of trekking back and forth in the beautiful, serene woods, all I wind up finding is bullets and headstamps and a few cans. I decide that's enough fun for one day and follow the edge of the bog back to the truck. About 40 feet from the truck I get this screwy 89, 91 screamer mixed in with a 65, 69 mid tone. Great, I think, another buried beer can. Target it, pinpointer it and up pops, at 2 inches down, a 1917 P Walking Liberty, which at first I thought was a silver Kennedy. I gotta go get my eyes checked again! I take some pictures, re sweep the spot, and 2" away from where the Walker popped out is a pull tab with beaver tail attached! I have the AT Pro set on PRO Zero, full power, no disc. That's why this Walker at 2 " sounded like just another can. The pull tab didn't help either!

Have FUN out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
In this 1917, I think the mint mark is in the front below the u in trust. Big Congrats for big silver. Take a look and let me know?
WTG Ed-- Congrats on the big silver!
Nice bit of detecting Ed. A big silver like that is a real prize, as was your large cent recently. Congrats on both. More reported activity on the site than you would expect for February; glad you and the others are getting out for hunts. I think it bodes well for a good year ahead.
Congrats on another great find ! It is always great to see big silver , but even better to see it in Ohio in February. Those great metal detecting instincts are still working for you.
HH
Pat
Saaaweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! Man they are a gorgeous coin! Big silvery congratulations Ed!
Sorry for the late reply but awsome big silver Ed!
Nice going Ed! A Walker is still on my bucket list.
Gerry
I bet you'll be boing back to that place real soon!
Great find
BT
On a roll with the silver I see!

Nice Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's