Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Metal Detecting Canada - FINALLY, 1600's!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the great video. I was excited by the title and the finds did not disappoint , I look forward to seeing more from this site.
Pat
Thank you! The title reflects one of the finds, but it's more so for the site itself. The earliest site I've ever been on is 1780s, and I couldn't find a 1600s site around here for the life of me. I showed several educated people a picture of the spoon bowl, which they confirmed as being 1600s. I'm pretty excited
Congrats on the new site! Those are some real interesting finds as well. Love the spoon, coin and the old glass. I knew someone once who used to make sun dazzlers with the old broken glass like that. GL on the next trip over there!

Ed
Congratulation on the super find! Wow, hope you find a lot more in that spot! You know your history and good observation of the land. I enjoyed the video, and I felt worried with all that wetness around your Etrac. Reminded me when I use to work the shallow water with my sovereign, and I had it waterproof for a quick dip. But never confirmed that. Hahaha, In that kind of weather it is best to have several thick construction bags to wrap that baby up. I often carry some for the storm that blow up quickly. As you know, before you know it the vehicle is too far away.

Lot of history, and think about it 1600! Good luck and we are looking forward to see more from that patch of ground.Happy
Thanks for taking the time to watch fellas. I'm sure there's lots more up on dry land, but even with the hay laying flat, it's still too high off the ground to get any depth. It needs to be mowed, or burned. I'll have to stick to the shoreline, but that's fine by me. There still goodies hiding around there. I only detected a small area of beach and didn't touch from half way down to the low tide mark.
I was a bit worried with the amount of rain we were getting. I put the etrac under a big evergreen tree to keep it dry (when I got worried) . The thick plastic bag seemed to keep the water out
Nice video, can't wait to see what you can find when the ground is softer.
Another real nice video excursion Medic with some great discoveries. I enjoy the way you show me the whole picture of the hunt area and how it all ties together. Also refreshing to see that you've studied your history and you can anticipate and interpret as you go along - that extra info adds so much interest to your movie.  I have a feeling the early period site will produce a lot more exciting finds. The beauty of a very early site like yours is that you get the 1600's stuff plus a bonus of newer (but still quite old) objects left behind by visitors to the site in later eras. Some drone images showing the relationship of house, cellar, depression and beach would be fascinating.
Good work!
Thank you very much! I may include some drone footage next time I go back. I have to be so careful not to add too much background to the shot because of site poachers around here. I'll add a photo so you can see where ever thing is:
Thanks for the pic--- it shows the relationship nicely. By all means protect the location of your discovery; I wasn't thinking of poachers when I suggested letting us see more. I will be happy just seeing your new finds.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's