Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A little something for the land owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The landowner gave me permission and told me a lot of people have asked to hunt it but she has told them no except for me. I'd like to take some of my findings and give them to her in like a display of some sort, any ideas?
That's a great idea, and I'm sure the owner will appreciate it. Buy a nice shadow box from Michael's Arts & Crafts or online for $20 or $30 and fill it with some of the nice keepers you found. There are a few guys on here like Deathray, Ron and a few others who do incredibly elaborate displays for landowners, but as long as it comes from the heart, I don't think you need anything fancy or expensive.

If you cannot do a display case, a nice bottle of wine can go over real well, too. I've given just that (or some Johnny Walker) to a few of the owners who gave me permission, and they were quite happy.

I believe it is a privilege when someone lets us invade their personal space to enjoy our hobby, and anything you can give in return to show appreciation is important...even if it's a thoughtful thank you letter or a few of the better finds you found.
Thanks again, I'll look into that shadow box.
Joe nailed it. I give them anything that can be ties to the house or family right off the bat if they are interested. I've given a bottle of wine, case of beer, gift card etc on a number of occasions.
Reference URL's