Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Garrett Carrot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My carrot seems to be acting up lately.
When I dig I place the detector CTX 3030 as far away as I can reach and sometimes there is still interference, are there certain frequencies on the noise cancel that may work better if I would do a manual selection?
The carrot seems like I have to retune quite often when searching in the dirt, don't know if it's the object or mineralization in the ground.
Anyone have anything ?
I'll be calling Garrett today but courious if anyone has a suggestion?
BT
A friend of mine goes through the same thing with his. He keeps saying he misses his old garrett propointer.
If noise canceling doesn't work, try slipping in a set of fresh batteries. Have you tried shutting off the CTX when using the pinpointer? If so, and the pinpointer works fine, then you know it's surely the machine. If it keeps acting up, could very well be an outside source of EMI which is causing the trouble, maybe from power lines at the location, nearby buildings, etc.
Digger
I'm always on top of batteries. I check them with a meter every time out and always have an extra.
Where I've been lately is in the middle of a huge farm field , it's about 3/4 of a mile to the nearest wire.
As I use headphones I can tell when it interferes with the detector and that usually means I've set the detecter down to close to the dig, so I'm sure
there's something there for sure.
Mine has worked great and lately it just has to be returned on and off or push the switch once to balance every dig . As the day goes on the erratic
behavior gets worse and finally I've had enough and go home ;-)
I did call Garrett and they are great to deal with, gave me a return code and I shipped it to Texas.
I think she told me about a 10 day turnaround . I'm guessing they just ship a new one and through mine in the Carrot pile .
I could not imagine going back to Detecting without a pinpointer
I'll try and remember to post when it shows back up with a report on results
BT
(03-12-2017 06:39 PM)Ben Town Wrote: [ -> ]Digger
I'm always on top of batteries. I check them with a meter every time out and always have an extra.
Where I've been lately is in the middle of a huge farm field , it's about 3/4 of a mile to the nearest wire.
As I use headphones I can tell when it interferes with the detector and that usually means I've set the detecter down to close to the dig, so I'm sure
there's something there for sure.
Mine has worked great and lately it just has to be returned on and off or push the switch once to balance every dig . As the day goes on the erratic
behavior gets worse and finally I've had enough and go home ;-)
I did call Garrett and they are great to deal with, gave me a return code and I shipped it to Texas.
I think she told me about a 10 day turnaround . I'm guessing they just ship a new one and through mine in the Carrot pile .
I could not imagine going back to Detecting without a pinpointer
I'll try and remember to post when it shows back up with a report on results
BT

Might be a faulty pinpointer then. Are there any electric fences on the farm? If so, these can cause MAJOR interference if they're turned on, however, they would also drive your detector bonkers too, and since you said that isn't happening, again, it is likely a faulty unit.
Ben,

My carrot gets screwy on the high setting and I have to restart it but I've never had any interference problems with either the ATPro (Tornado coil, too) or my Minelab SE Pro. You got a problem there. Sent it back. They'll just swap it out with a new one if it's still in warranty. They did with my old Garrett.

Ed
I'm sure it's the pinpointer and not external interference.
I need it back soon as we're going to Florida next month and want to try some beach hunting ?
Just got a new one back from Garrett this morning.
They just swapped it out no repair work.
Just 2 week since I sent it in.
?Good customer service Garrett ?
Good to hear the issue was resolved.
Reference URL's