Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Major Blizzard for Northeast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was joking with my hunting partner Gerry 2 weeks ago that once I ordered my Etrac the weather would change. All Winter it was like Spring here. But I said once my Etrac arrived it would get cold as a bitch and we'd be hit with a blizzard. I was obviously kidding, but...

Apparently I'm better than Kreskin!!! Major Nor'Easter blowing in here Tuesday with up to 18" of snow, and temps won't make it to 40 for at least another week or so.
That's the way it worked when I got my AT Pro , I thought it would never quit snowing. As this winter kept being so mild I kept telling one of my hunting buddies that we would be paying for it in March.
   I can't say we are getting it as bad as you though , we are predicted to get 1 to 3 inches Monday night , those damned first robins of spring that are everywhere lie.
   I hope your blizzard is short lived.
Pat
And here is your new shovel !!! LOL
Pat, I have the worst luck in the world. I'm the only guy who could lose a bet on a horse race with one horse! Bob, you might've struck upon a brilliant idea! Maybe the detector dealers can offer those in a package deal during the Winter months Chuckle
We're getting hit tomorrow 3-13-2017, so I feel your pain. But I went out the last four days or so, even today with temps in the mid 20's. No snow on the ground and the bogs are iced over. It's still March! You'll get to scratch the itch sooner or later!

ed
Just found some new spots I'm hot to try, ground was thawing nicely, perfect warmer temps for woods hunting.
Dang nab-it, its been freezing here all week below 32F, how's 18F.  Ground is all froze up now, weather forecasters say were are going to get pounded Monday afternoon into Tuesday.

[attachment=9519]
Sven, conservative estimates here are 12" to 18", with more bullish weather people calling for 18" to 24". Depends on exactly where the low forms, and the location of the heavier bands of snow within the system itself. Coupled with the high winds, gusts, and the longer duration of the system, it's really going to wallop us, and pretty much the entire i95 corridor.

Anything beyond 12" is kind of splitting hairs anyway, as all this basically means no detecting for at least a couple of weeks No
Joe needs to stop joking. You thought about it and it happened. It's effecting me too. Hardly any folks going to the beach because its to cold. Hopefully, this is the last of the cold. Happy
(03-18-2017 08:09 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Joe needs to stop joking. You thought about it and it happened. It's effecting me too. Hardly any folks going to the beach because its to cold. Hopefully, this is the last of the cold. Happy

So this bad weather is all Joe's fault? Shame on you.Tongue  Now I gotta put off mowing my lawn for the first time for awhile darn it.....
Reference URL's