Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: ? I Found a Sterling Pendant in the Thickets ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I was doing grass early on today because most of the snow melted and that back and forth pattern stuff got so boring that I said lets go hit the woods! So I'm fighting my way around the saplings and thorns and really trying to not get my eye poked out when I get this screwy signal. Good mid tone, popping high once in a while, Iron Audio on, but real jumpy digital from 53 all the way to 81. But, I only have about 16" of swing with the Tornado coil, so I can't target the thing, bumping from sapling to sapling like a ping pong machine. I was thinking it may be another 45 cal FMJ, of which I dig a lot of and they sound exactly the same, when after digging around and trying to find tone with the Carrot, my second plug turns up this sterling pendant (4.3 Grams) at about 3" in real damp, rooted up clay. Now this is pretty odd because I'm 100 feet in any direction from any trail, in a huge grove of thicket, where I would maybe expect an LC or a Buff, but a sterling religious pendant??? It just goes to show that somebody was there. So I looked around to see if I could find a chain for about a good 20 minutes, and nothing, not even a headstamp!

So I'm going back there again when the weather breaks and take the 5x8 with me. Who knows? Maybe there's more there than meets what could be too big a coil!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Nice find Ed! Finding jewelry in the thickets. Wow, you might want to head over to Ocean City or the great lakes and claim what is yours. Hahaha. You are a heck of a hunter and that is for sure! You quickly learn each machine and make them perform. You have me wanting a Explorer and a AT pro. Did I tell you my wife thinks I have to many now? Chuckle
Great find Ed. I can imagine that big coil is a little hard to swing in a thicket.
   The original owner of that pendant must have been quite upset to lose it. It will be a great addition to your collection.
Pat
(03-18-2017 08:04 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Nice find Ed! Finding jewelry in the thickets. Wow, you might want to head over to Ocean City or the great lakes and claim what is yours. Hahaha. You are a heck of a hunter and that is for sure! You quickly learn each machine and make them perform. You have me wanting a Explorer and a AT pro. Did I tell you my wife thinks I have to many now? Chuckle

Man Up, I wish I lived near the ocean! Me too on the woman thing. Like I'm supposed to stash all my disposable income into a sock and let the doctors or gov have it. It'll be a cold day in Hades when that happens! Chuckle

Thanks! I still can't imagine why it was there. Don't pass up those screwy signals is all I can say! Oh, and all machines are good machines if you know how to use them!

Ed

(03-18-2017 09:15 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Great find Ed. I can imagine that big coil is a little hard to swing in a thicket.
   The original owner of that pendant must have been quite upset to lose it. It will be a great addition to your collection.
Pat

Thanks Pat!

I have to agree about the feelings of the owner about the pendant being lost. A lot of those kinda things are given as gifts to a loved one or family member and have a good deal of emotional attachment therein. That's the third pendant I've found in the woods though, which makes me wonder why. And the Tornado coil in the thickets, well, it didn't start off that way when I got into the woods as I was rummaging around in the pines and open areas with nothing to show for it. I decided that the areas I haven't done are the hardest to do, so I went after the thickets. And I'm way too lazy to go all the way back to the truck and switch coils! Chuckle It's kinda one of those snap decisions. Like a hunch. I found that Real in thickets like those so I thought, what the heck, I'm here, let's do it.

Ed
That's an awesome cross!!
(03-18-2017 05:58 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]That's an awesome cross!!

Thank you Ohio!

Ed
Super nice find there Ed. Still have about ten inches of the white stuff (snow) on the ground here.
Reference URL's