Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: King of Bird Bands Speaks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-20-2017 03:44 PM)JWalton Wrote: [ -> ]Really cool stuff! I know everyone is really focused on the bird bands (which are amazing btw, I gleaned some cool info reading through the replies) but I wanted to ask if you had any more information on that pendant ladies watch by any chance? I've always been a fan of antique pendant watches so I was just wondering if there was a name or any other tell-tale markings on there. Thanks and great pictures Ed!

Thanks and I was wondering that myself J! I'm afraid it has no exterior markings and I cannot read the entire name on the face. It's starts with "Te..." and I can't make out the rest as the crystal is too messed up to see anymore. I am going to make an attempt to pop the back off and maybe that will give me a clue as to who made it and it's vintage. It's toast anyway so it'll be interesting to find out what year it was made.

Ed
(03-20-2017 08:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2017 03:44 PM)JWalton Wrote: [ -> ]Really cool stuff! I know everyone is really focused on the bird bands (which are amazing btw, I gleaned some cool info reading through the replies) but I wanted to ask if you had any more information on that pendant ladies watch by any chance? I've always been a fan of antique pendant watches so I was just wondering if there was a name or any other tell-tale markings on there. Thanks and great pictures Ed!

Thanks and I was wondering that myself J! I'm afraid it has no exterior markings and I cannot read the entire name on the face. It's starts with "Te..." and I can't make out the rest as the crystal is too messed up to see anymore. I am going to make an attempt to pop the back off and maybe that will give me a clue as to who made it and it's vintage. It's toast anyway so it'll be interesting to find out what year it was made.

Ed

Thats a bummer, but I guess it does add to the mystery and intrigue of the watch at the very least. Looking forward to seeing if you find anything on it, like you said it would be really interesting to see what year it was made! Good luck with it Ed! Yes
(03-21-2017 12:58 PM)JWalton Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2017 08:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Thats a bummer, but I guess it does add to the mystery and intrigue of the watch at the very least. Looking forward to seeing if you find anything on it, like you said it would be really interesting to see what year it was made! Good luck with it Ed! Yes

J,

I got the thing apart but I can't get the back off. The face of the dial on that pendant watch says Tempo..... Swiss Made. I have not been able to get any vintage info on it and currently Tempo watches are made? distributed? by American Swiss. Which for old stuff is a dead end. Good luck and let me know if you find out anything. BTW, the back has no markings "except" for a diamond pattern, which matches a pattern they made in pocket watches in the 1930's!

Ed
The bird bands are cool, but the watch does it for me! Sweet find Ed!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's