Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #7 - 1945 P War Nickel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And I'll take it. Late here now and have to get ready for work tomorrow! 8" down in a playing field! Was the DEVIL to target with the Tornado! Missed it by a good three inches but it came in loud and clear!

Ed
War nickels are great to find, Congrats on your 1945P
what a great find Ed . I like seeing the war nickels posted. Seeing that war date made all of that digging worth it didn't it?
   Do you think the big coil won't pinpoint or is it just a learning curve that you haven't finished yet? I am still watching and weighing whether I want a bigger coil for my machine , thanks for the great posts to help me make up my mind.
   Pat
(03-22-2017 08:55 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]what a great find Ed . I like seeing the war nickels posted. Seeing that war date made all of that digging worth it didn't it?
   Do you think the big coil won't pinpoint or is it just a learning curve that you haven't finished yet? I am still watching and weighing whether I want a bigger coil for my machine , thanks for the great posts to help me make up my mind.
   Pat

Pat,

I think it's a learning curve. 75% of the time I'm right on the money. Just depends on how much stuff is around the coil. That nickel was in a pretty trashy and mineral laden park, so that had to have something to do with it. Now today, for example, I dug a squashed screw cap type bottle cap at 14" easy and was right on target. Those faint high tones with matching VDI are hard to pass up! And I'm running the sense full blast so I don't even look at the screen unless it's a repeatable high tone.

Ed
Good job Ed! That was a deep one!
Reference URL's