Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 finds, all a first for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out to a permission that I hit for a couple hours last fall. Hit it again for a few hours and had a ton of signals. Mostly square nails, but did find a 1942 quarter, and eagle button and a flat button..
congrats on the 3 firsts! is the eagle button an old military button?
Pat
I believe it is, but where the shield on the eagle is, is dented in. It is a 2 piece button if that is of any importance.
Great finds PA! I haven't found a Washington quarter in a dog's age and congrats on the buttons. Those military ones are hard to find!

Ed
Better pic of the eagle button. Any help on how to clean the flat button would be appreciated, there is writing on the back but I can't make it out.
Congrats on 3 firsts! I wonder if it says excelsior on the bottom of that 2 piece button. The backmark on the flat button is really nice as well. The coin is great, but I think the relics steal the show!
It says something on the bottom, I will check when I get home. It's in Mckean PA, I'm in Chicago....The Life of a truck driver...And yes, the whites is with me....
Nice work PA. Silver and relics together is the way to do it. Smart of you to carry the detector as you travel; you never know when a good hunting opportunity might come up. Lots of good button finders here who can help ID your finds.
Nice find!

Good eyes relic medic

New York Militia Staff Button. (my guess)
I Did find info on the eagle button, just can't pin down a year. NY milita officers button. Which makes sense since where I found it was Erie county in PA, which was part of NY and Ohio until pa bought it for the lake port in Erie. Don't ask what year, I have no idea the date of the land purchase.
Reference URL's