Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Almost, but no cigar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=9546][attachment=9547
I finally got out on Sunday and did some serious detecting with Joe. Found 9 wheats, a 1907 IH and 1916 S Merc. When I found the Merc I could see a mint mark but couldn't tell if it was an "S" or "D". Called Joe over and he confirmed it was an "S". If it turned out to be a "D", it would be worth some money because it's the rarest Mercury dime with only 245,000 minted. Oh well, maybe next time!
Gerry
Nice finds , better luck next time on that mint mark. Thanks for sharing them.
Pat
Crap! Man Gerry, that's a heart stopper! Very nice condition too for that age! Still worth a couple bucks! You guys always seem to get such nice looking IH's too. Ours here are mostly toast from all the rustbelt pollution and iron laden ground. Best of luck next time out! You must have a great spot if it's turning up that era of coinage! Yes

Ed
Still a great find there Gerry . Old silver & and Indian, that a great day in my book.
Congratulations on the nice finds. IH and merc make for a super dig in my book. Who is the Joe guy you refer too? Must be another newbie with dreams of finding treasure. Lol. Thanks for sharing.
Reference URL's