Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What to do with the BIRD BANDS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might be a little anal, but remember, it's me! Chuckle I thought about this for a day and came up with this solution. Had to wait for 2x2" bags to show up from a seller on Ebay from LA, (cheap), but it's coming together. When I get time I'll do the remaining. Thinking I'll staple them to a stiffer card paper page by date found and stick em in a small binder so I can keep track of them. Got about 2 dozen now. So it's going to be a small but worthwhile project. I actually get calls from people that banded these birds and they can't believe I found them with a metal detector!

Ed

ps.... The reference to the original location of Westlake, Ohio is from the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center ( http://www.lensc.org/ ), in Bay Village, Ohio, where they are banded, as a civic and public endeavor and then released in Westlake. Lake Erie Nature and Science Center is a group effort by the Cleveland Metroparks and the people of Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties.
Looks like you may have a new hobby, bird band collecting. Maybe you should start your own forum.LOL, nice job
(03-27-2017 10:20 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you may have a new hobby, bird band collecting. Maybe you should start your own forum.LOL, nice job

Thanks Bob!

Hope that doesn't jinx me! Chuckle Been deplorable for the last few days here finds wise. But I'm like a robot on a program going over the same old ground! Ain't that a Pink Floyd verse? I think I always wanted to be in the biological sciences of some sort or another. Grounding in a sense. Going back to my younger days. Maybe I should just quit my job and go for it! LOL!

Ed
Reference URL's