Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A Large cent and 3 1/2 dimes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=9557]
Got out on Sunday for 5 1/2 hrs. The large cent is 185? (first one in about 3 years). Got 3 1/2 silver dimes (looked for the other half but no luck), a 1907 IH (not shown) and 12 wheats. It was a perfect sunny day about 60 degrees and the soil was like butter
Gerry.
Great catch on the LC Gerry! And I think you can count that half dime as a whole one! So 4 dimes and that's a damn good hunt!! And if you had found the other half, I'd consider that 5!!! Congrats and glad to see you could get out in the nice weather! YesBeer

Ed
Gerry I will probably never ever dig a large cent. That is one awesome find. The half dime is kind of cool. You should make a piece of jewelry from it.
Good stuff Yes
You got me, I thought you found 3 half dimes ,I was totally impressed. It is still an impressive hunt though , the silver is awesome , but I get excited about large cents. The "half dime" is something you just don't see posted very often , thanks for sharing them on what is for me a windy rainy drab day.
HH
Pat
You're right Pat. On re reading the title it does look like 3 half dimes. Poor phrasing. I've only found one half dime about 20 years ago. They're beautiful looking coins.
Gerry
Congratulations on the nice finds! That is a awesome hunt, and looks and sounded like a perfect day. Keep the good luck streak going!
Reference URL's