Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hi guys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new, apparently, Somehow my password got changed, so I re-registered. I'm an Idaho prospector from the southeastern portion of the state. I mostly do gem prospecting, but a little gold, too. Most of my gem hunting takes place in western Wyoming. Glad to be a part of this site.
 Can anyone tell me how to fill in my profile? I tried, but it wouldn't let me enter any data.
Many thanks,
Jim
Welcome to the forums. Look forward to seeing those gems. I purchased some raw gems and a tumbler. Hope to polish some up with my granddaughter. But might need a new tumbler. The book estimate 3 weeks at 24/7 . Jeez , be cheaper if i bought a polished one. Would be different if i could find some around here. But from my research Florida dont really have gems. Anyway, look forward to seeing you gems and nuggets. Waving a hand, from the south.
Hello Jim. I am happy to welcome you to our group and hope you find a home here. I envy you for being able to do gem prospecting. I have always been fascinated by the hobby. We find gems in the N.C. mountains near me, but when we go to the mines I know that it's been salted--still fun to find the stones though. I like the TV show "Prospectors".  When you hunt gold are you panning or detecting?
For a long time on this site I had to keep changing my compatability settings on my computer in order to post new threads or make edits. I could reply but not start new stuff or enter data. Then I had to switch back to reply again. You may have a similar issue. Later on I changed my web browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox and all the issues disappeared. I can post, start new threads, and edit without problems.
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio Jim!! I'd love to gem hunt myself but Ohio is famous for CLAY! I still have an unusual desire for nice looking rocks though. The glaciers brought em down here from Canada and you gotta look but they are there. Like a lot of the schist's and veined granite. Ain't nothing native here but shale and sandstone, so when one of those pops up it's usually a real keeper! Hope to see your finds. Do you detect for gold or pan? Lot of real good gold detector machines out there now.

I use Google Chrome and have never had a posting issue. (Internet Explorer really sucks!)

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher/ODF
Welcome to the forum from SE Michigan. I am jealous that you can prospect for gold and gems , I look forward to seeing pictures of your awesome finds.
   Perhaps you made a password for the classified section , they are different registrations.
  I use windows 10 and whatever replaced internet explorer without problems , I hope you get the kinks worked out and post lots of cool finds.
Pat
Welcome to the forum from NJ
Many thanks, guys. I do both gold detecting, and panning. Also do a bit of gold work with my mineral jigs. I have yet to find a single piece of gold with a detector. We have lots of gold in the Snake River, nearby, but it's way too small to be detected. There were 25,000 oz of gold removed from the river, in just this county, back in the old days. Still lots of it left, but takes more work than the gold is worth to get it out.
I'll try to post a pic of a garnet from Wyoming that I faceted. It's only 1/8" across...tiny little bugger.
Jim
[attachment=9561]
Reference URL's