Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: May 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is the day Garrett will debut their new detector to the public. Whites supposedly is working on a combo vlf/pulse machine. With all the changes at Fisher , something else is on the way. I'm interested to see the type of detector Garrett is releasing and what their price point is. Foreign countries are pushing their American brethren and this isn't a bad thing,
Kajun,

Yeah, that came across in my email from Garrett just yesterday. I'm really hoping they are upgrading the AT Pro and the Gold because if they do I may be very interested. Thanks for the heads up! Yes

Ed
I was excited when the email about that hit my inbox, then I watched the fluff video. come on Garrett , just make the announcement complete with specs and pricing. This video , at least in my case, did not build hype.
   If they are indeed coming out with an AT Pro2 , I am already interested , my current AT Pro is a good unit ( I do not have a Minelab type of budget). If they add enough great new upgrades it just may get me to part with some of that moldy money......
Ed and Digsit , the GTI 2500 is being discontinued on May 6th. To me that means this new Garrett will be their flagship detector. I don't think you will see the name AT Pro 2 or a derivative of said name. Maybe Garrett beats Whites to the punch with their own VLF/Pulse combo. Maybe it's a multiple frequency machine that can be used in salt water which would definitely peek my interest especially if it has a vdi readout.

I think Fisher is changing the game a little bit with their repackaging of machines under the Teknetics label. By changing, I mean what detectors will cost. I wonder if more companies will ship direct like Teknetics is doing with their rebranded machines ?

Digsit , I hear ya. Minelab is out of the question for me unless it's a used rig.
Reference URL's