Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Somewhere on a beach.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary. She likes to go to the beach so we made plans. Prior to leaving I asked is it alright to bring the detector. She said of course. I knew then we were going to have a great time. We stayed the weekend. We hunted shells, went out to eat, and so on. However, I would get up at 4am and hunt until about 9am the make my way back to her. Wow, she made breakfast both mornings! After we watched the sunset I would hit it again until I was tired. Anyway, you get the picture. I was studying the beach, the popular areas, also any low spots that were developing. Not a lot of targets. The waves were rough when we first arrived. Not many people getting in water, but it was pulling sand off the shores. So I targeted the areas that had erosion. Until the water calmed down. Which really was not good, because there wasn't much out or at least to deep to detect. Found 5 rings, two in water the big stainless, and the little sterling toe ring. The stainless with cross and Lord's prayer and the two 14k gold rings can from the shore. One had been lost awhile it was tarnished real bad. I would say quite a few years at least.
It was a wonderful time with my best friend and treasure hunting. We hope to do this again.
Hope my fellow detectorist find time to enjoy the hobby with some nice finds. Good luck!!
[attachment=9572]
[attachment=9571]
Nice up! Glad you and your wife had a good time and it looks like you had a awesome few hunts! Congrats on the keepers HiYes
Updown , my wife and I have been married 171/2 years. She too is my best friend and she fully supports me indulging myself in this hobby. Congrats to you and your wife man. 25 years is awesome. The rings are sweet. I don't know how your wife reacts but mine is thrilled when I find anything cool. She gets all excited. She has no interest in hunting but she will come with me and watch me hunt sometimes. How cool is that. That's when ya know you've found the right one.
Ba Da BOOM UP!!!!

There's something about the serenity and trust in a relationship that gives the individual spirit a glow which can't be matched in any other place on earth. And you just proved it! Congrats on a nice haul man and a belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Yes

Ed
Happy Anniversary Up! What a great trip , time with the love of your life and making some great finds. It just doesn't get any better than that.
Pat
Nice haul of goodies there!

Looks like you'all had fun Yes
Congratulations on your anniversary and your great results with the detector!  What a nice way to celebrate.  Maybe this can become a yearly tradition for you and your wife.
Reference URL's