Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Super rare find and it still works!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I only had a very short window of time to get some much needed digging in. I decided to spend that time at my Loyalist field in hopes something would show itself in an area that I haven't pounded to death. This field didn't disappoint! First signal was an erratic tone, having around 12:39 on the etrac. Out of that hole came a pocket spill of 1944-1978 pennies and dimes. No silver and .28 cents richer. The next signal was a solid button mid tone. I think the numbers were 12:12 if I'm not mistaken and down about 7". It was quite green and caked with dirt, so I had no idea what it was at first. I cleaned it up at home, and come to find out, it's a Beaufort style 1800s policemans whistle...and even better, it still works! Check out the video on my youtube channel. Thanks for looking, and my apologies for being among the missing, but I have lots of personal stuff taking up my time and attention

Sorry for the pictures being upside down. That's one drawback of posting from your phone Happy
That whistle is amazing , that really makes for a great hunt. I think a lot of us are among the missing ,between work and home chores I have gotten way to little dirt digging time. I have posted no finds because very few people want to see a handful of dirty clad, pultabs and canslaw.
   I look forward to you having more detecting time , you post some cool things.
Pat
Cool find Relic! Never knew they even existed! Thanks for the heads up!

Ed
Congrats Relic Medic. I would vote banner because of how rare it is.
Thanks everyone! It would be cool to track down the name of the officer. Often times small towns like mine would only have one. Shouldn't be that hard. If I can figure it out, I'll try to find a picture of him
Excellent find Medic. I know you are happy with this one. I did a little reading after seeing your video and found that these whistles are not only rare but pricey too. If you don't have much time to hunt, you might as well go for the good stuff--great work!
That is awesome!! Very Cool!
Reference URL's