Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Soccer & Buttons & Bullets!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You guys probably remember me telling you about that gold HS ring I found in the soccer fields that were once old farm fields and then woods and now soccer fields. (I have yet to get a response from all contact venues tried on the ring BTW!) But I follow the mower paths on a particular field as they are easy to follow and track and I can do about ten 120 yard cuts an evening without too much strain. I find a lot of bullets and shotgun headstamps, and not much of, but the usual shredded can slaw. Today was kind of special. Along the certain length of each path I found each of these buttons and then a huge bullet. Four separate paths on the long sweeps in the same linear area. The bullet sure looks like one from the civil war. Now there were no civil war battlefields up here so I guess it's one from a rifle brought back from the war. But I don't really know. Anyway, if any of you guys have info on the buttons or the bullet, please pipe in and share the knowledge. That Buff is for size reference, the one I found yesterday.

THANKS!

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!
It sure looks to be civil war era. What I think is cool is that it appears to have been 'wormed'. Sometimes those bullets got stuck in the barrel, they had to use a 'wormer' to pull them out. That extra ring at the top looks, to me, like the damage that a 'wormer' does to bullet. I have found a few of those in the past.
As for the buttons, they are old, but I have no clue on indentity.
Great finds though!
More great finds from Ed! I don't know much about buttons but they sure look old . Congrats on the cool finds.
Pat
(04-25-2017 10:05 AM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]It sure looks to be civil war era. What I think is cool is that it appears to have been 'wormed'. Sometimes those bullets got stuck in the barrel, they had to use a 'wormer' to pull them out. That extra ring at the top looks, to me, like the damage that a 'wormer' does to bullet. I have found a few of those in the past.
As for the buttons, they are old, but I have no clue on indentity.
Great finds though!

Thanks SLC! I don't know much about Civil War stuff because there ain't much up these parts. So that info is great. Had no idea!

Ed
Reference URL's