Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another Powder Flask!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Really like this one. 

Found one half and then about 30 minutes and 15-20 feet away I got the other.  Both were folded on the top and you can see where they were together when they were bent over and then just got kicked about over the last 150 years or so.
Very cool Ron ! Must have been a whole lot of hunting in that spot back in the day . See any Deer around ?
(10-31-2013 01:40 AM)George in SSF Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool Ron ! Must have been a whole lot of hunting in that spot back in the day . See any Deer around ?

Did not see any deer but I did see a rafter of wild turkeys!
Nice find Ron.
You're killing those relics, Ron! Amazing that you found the two pieces!! Gonna start calling you "The Relic Whisperer" Yes

Joe
Great find. I saw a deer in my neighbors yard this morning.
Excellent find, Ron.  I love those old flasks.  Most of the people who owned them back then didn't go anywhere without them.  Such a personal relic.  Great job!
Very sweet "period" piece
Rad.
I wonder how the design was made...
It looks hammered from other side maybe using a template?...

Not that you need another thing to buy but:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-POWDER-FLASK...4acb5e2daa
Wow, congratulation Ron, two in such a short time.  I am still waiting on my first.  That flask is also in great shape, even with the bend.

I forgot to ask, is the reverse the same?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's