Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: NOKTA IMPACT/DI99 ON CLEANUP DUTY BEHIND DEUS :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

today I took the Impact back to the same site I hunted yesterday with the Deus just to see what I could sift from the iron that the Deus may have missed.

Used DI99, 0 everything/wide open, 80 sens, stock 8x11 coil. Targets were anywhere from 3" to around a foot deep

This site has moderate/heavy iron infestation - some areas lighter than others and vice/versa which is why I used the stock/larger coil. I only use the small one when it's complete machine gun iron everywhere.

Didn't do too bad today (not as many buttons/etc. as yesterday) but the Impact slammed a few keepers that were missed as I re-hunted the same ground/area Yes

Worth mention:
1865 Injun
1863 Fatty Injun
Nice Eagle I coat button (goes with the cuff found yesterday) Happy
another toe tap,
nice suspender clip
couple period civilian buttons
2 spent rimfire cartridges
etc.

[Image: IMG_3992_zps1f39b03i.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3994_zpsjakmkq6m.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3995_zpsbynnszml.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3996_zpssakxbxzk.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3997_zpseibmbiu9.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3998_zpseu0t0tfg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3999_zps2zt5r5eh.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4002_zpsqn5ojqkv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4003_zpsttfwydny.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4001_zps7mc87xqh.jpg]
It's awesome to see the civil war era coppers , and that Nokta really has my interest. Great job on the relics too.
Pat
Nice catch on those early IH's and the suspender clip! I've never found a fatty. Is it as thick as a LC? And looks like the one two punch did some good. There's got to be more there with you cleaning it out like that! What will you take out there next?

Ed
(05-01-2017 06:46 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice catch on those early IH's and the suspender clip! I've never found a fatty. Is it as thick as a LC? And looks like the one two punch did some good. There's got to be more there with you cleaning it out like that! What will you take out there next?

Ed

LoL

Not sure when I'll get back there Ed as I have a few new/other sites I want to get to in the next week or so here
before the farmers plant and the season comes to an end No It may be fall time before I get back down that
way again but when I do I'll take the CTX for sure since it's cleaned out a bit now Yes

Currently running
CTX
Deus
Impact
ML Musky
Excal II

PS
Fatty injuns are like 1.5xs as thick as a normal injun

also - I can tell most guys here are coin hunters (according to their comments)

the best find imo between the 2 days was that Eagle I coat button with 1/2 the gold gilding on it still - the coins = "okay" Big Grin
Sweet Button. I would hit it with some aluminum jelly.

Nice digs!
Superb hunt. That Impact appears to be a very good machine. Any comparable machine you like better or just as much ?
(05-03-2017 05:18 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Superb hunt. That Impact appears to be a very good machine. Any comparable machine you like better or just as much ?

Hey KM

when you're talking strictly VLF machines like the Impact is - it compares to/with a few different machines out
there. That's the strength of this machine is that it's like 4 or 5 combined into one

it's sort of like an F75, a Deus, a MXT, AT Pro, Racer, etc. all combined into one unit yet it has it's own
feel/language at the same time.

I can't really say that I like it just as much as one unit VS another or better than one VS another because I like
a lot of machines for a lot of different reasons but I can say that it does a lot of things well which makes it a good
all around type unit to cover a lot of bases with.
MRH the thing I like best about my F75 SE is the separation. It's truly amazing at times and has pulled me a silver quarter at 13 inches. The Impact appears to be very good in iron and having the ability to switch frequencies is a cool feature. I may be wrong here but I think Nokta is pushing the American companies to step up their game. That's good for all of us.

Fisher is working on new detector. Whites is developing their own cordless headphone system as well as a new detector. Garrett is set for release tomorrow. Is the Impact the new "wow" machine or will one of the other companies release the wow factor ? Good stuff for us detectorist.
Reference URL's