Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: BACK TO THE 160 ACRE GEN STORE/MILL/HOME SITES PROPERTY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

took the Deus back to where I hunted last weekend with the Deus and Impact but this time I hunted a completely
different field/section of the place. It's 160 acres so I haven't really even scratched the surface of the place yet.
It was an lumber mill, and a gen merchandise dealers property starting in the mid 1800s and once had 16 out
buildings as well as a main house, and 2 smaller house sites where I imagine workers were housed.

This part of the field is on the opposite end and north side of where I hunted last weekend
(approx. a 1/.4 mile difference) and the soil on this section is like sand. I walked 4.5 hrs continuously thru the
stuff and to say my legs are sore is an understatement! It's like trying to gain a grip on land that continuously
shifts/sinks and has no grip (or like dry sand beach hunting in sugar sand) = no diff!

Found a buncha goodies today too.

Coins (inc. a 1862 fatty injun, and a 1857 flyin eagle), CW buttons, suspender clip/s, a wedding ring/band,
toe tap, nice crotal bell, iron objects, brass bits, buckle, eyeball finds, clay pipe stem, marble, tiny
perfume bottles, glass, etc.

Pics tell the story Yes

[Image: IMG_4012_zps0googpyt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4011_zpsfvluaqgr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4013_zpsa4qskvz1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4014_zpsy7k07nbh.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4015_zpscd4bf9ch.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4016_zpsfkkjc24c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4017_zpseoufqcrb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4018_zpsemwxsiym.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4019_zpsucbkvakw.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4020_zpsg47qjhqs.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4021_zpsajjoqlrj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4022_zpsmlwpe5ew.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4023_zpssvfunccp.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4024_zpskiciquqx.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4026_zpsc4ofn86r.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4025_zpsv1zelxyi.jpg]
Nice mix of goodies, Congrats!
Terrific hunt Wayne! Man, you got the whole enchilada as far as variety! Congrats on the flying eagle penny and the ring. Now I'm going back to ogle the stuff!

And that may be hard to walk in but as far as pattern detecting goes, you definitely know where you been!

Ed
What a great hunt. Nice to see what years and years of activity will bring up
A LOT of cool stuff there!!
WOW MRH ,that is FANTASTIC. SeeĀ  MRH , it's pics of finds like these that make me not post my finds. I found 14 wheats and a couple of Rosies the other day. I just can't keep up with you guys finding all this 1800's stuff. I'm in awe.
Reference URL's