Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I am thinking of Garrett AT Pro or Gold. Thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am thinking about purchasing an AT Pro or Gold.  I currently use a Fisher but have read many reviews and this seems to fit the budget and seems to be a good machine.  I know there are a lot of Minelab guys on here, just know that I'd love one but that $1200-$1500 is a tough sell with the boss.  
I'm wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts or if I should just shut up and be happy with the F75.
Hey SLCdigger,

I just purchased an AT Gold.  I love this machine.  But to answer your question, I don't feel you could go wrong either way.  I bought the AT Gold because it comes with the smaller coil.  I hunt in mostly trash areas.  The AT Gold comes with the smaller DD coil, where as the AT Pro comes with the 8.5 in DD coil.  The coils on the AT models are expensive.  I could not see dumping another $200 into another coil.  The differences between the two are very little.  If you have an inexperience person using the new detector, the Pro has the easier to use software on it, were the Gold does not.  I hope you like your new purchase either way.
Nothing wrong with that F75.  Fast, good in iron, decent ID and already paid for!!
At pro is great in I'ron, accurate I'd, but won't be as deep as your f@75....but will handle emi a whole lot better.
Thanks for the replies.  I ordered the AT Pro today.  I'll give my 2 cents on why I think is better when I get it.  That's assuming I can get out and use it before spring!

Sorry, meant to say what I think is better between the Fisher and the Garrett.
AT Pro and the 5x 8 coil makes areally nice machine
If you think you might take it to salt water at some point, get the AT Pro. The Gold sounds better tone-wise to me.
You are going to love the atpro! I've had mine for about a year and I don't think you can beat it for the money.
I have had my ATPro about a year now as well. its a great unit. Im looking at upgrading but I cant find any other detector that really beats the ATpro...maybe if I took the the 3 year Etrac course I mite get another inchChuckle

I have just got a 15" nel coil for it...I wouldn't do it again. Its heavy (1.5kg) and the spot I got it for didn't find anything. The standard coil got all about 40 silvers 4 gold coins and 1 18k ring.. honestly I didn't get a signal worth digging in 12 hours.Sad

But ground coverage is awesome. Like having 2 standard coils strapped to each other.I think they go about the same depth just the Nel coil hits the target a bit better and louder.

Anyway I know your going to love the ATProHeart
GL&HH
Reference URL's