Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Buddy finds rare penny on trail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend Geoff found this zitty indian and when we get back from hunting he shows me and says ' oh its just a1909 indian - so I turn it over and just ccouldn't believe it. - big S on the back and it's his first indian. He didn't even care, last month he dug a 1844-O five dollar gold coin in Carson City NV. and had a good write up inthis months wester eastern mag. What do you guys think this zitty indian is worth?
Thanks for lookin!
In that cond. I'd say maybe a $100/$150 as a filler coin for someone's collection.
Thanks MRH!
That's the first time I've ever seen an IH with a mint mark. They must be pretty rare! And that gold coin. Man, what a find! Tell him great hunt!

Ed
Wow! Both are banner worthy finds. Thanks for sharing them with us. I think we all dream of finding a site like the one you guys are hitting , it has produced some great finds.
HH
Pat
Leo you have great friends. LOL. Awesome finds Leo. Forgive my ignorance but how rare is it to have a mint mark on an Indian ?
Reference URL's