Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: SAVING CONFEDERATE RELICS ONE AT A TIME :-D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

farmers are all plowing/tilling and planting here now so I hit the old 1840s thru 1940s standby (long gone)
ghost town today where I found that Block A Cuff Button last spring with the FR and today I pulled a Lined *I*
Button from the dirt where the old Gen Store sat Big Grin

Had the Deus and CTX out there today - found the button with the Deus using Deus fast program, 4 tones,
GB running a point or 2 on the positive side.

All in all it was a good hunt/day - hit it hard for 5 hrs non stop in the machine-gun iron this site is notorious for.

Worth mention:
The Confederate Lined I button (mushed but intact)
A 1861 Foster & Metcalf Token (Grand Rapids Mich)
An ornate lead back rosette
A sundial w/roman numerals
Woman's Heal Plate
A Spencer Hull/Casing
3 Wheats from the teens/20s
Ornate buckle piece
rivets
bits/pieces of lead, brass, etc

[Image: IMG_4044_zpsnbf1w425.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4045_zpsfattogce.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4046_zpsisggn4nr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4047_zpsik9us6qx.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4051_zps1dwjx41a.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4050_zps4ejfsb6n.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4049_zpsjbnljwib.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4048_zpsl1gq9vmc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4053_zpsqotlnzry.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4054_zpsb47sjd2p.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4055_zps0qlbzq0c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4059_zpsaqcwmrli.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4060_zps7r9ryaht.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4061_zpsfgv6z55l.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4062_zpsj2tlmp3c.jpg]
great finds keep them coming
Great finds MRH. AGAIN!!!!!

Curious , are you using your Deus more than the Impact ?
(05-13-2017 11:01 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Great finds MRH. AGAIN!!!!!

Curious , are you using your Deus more than the Impact ?

At the present time I am/have been K-man

because = I got a little burned out on the Impact having to field test it for Nokta/Makro for 3 solid months
day after day/week after week which didn't allow for using any other machine/s during that time so now I
only grab it once every 4/5 hunts.

Field testing machines isn't "fun" (at least not in the sense most would consider fun). It's a LOT of work.
To start with you don't get a "manual" with a proto/field test unit so you have to figure out how to operate
the thing with very little info to work with, and then they give you a ton of reports to fill out on every
aspect of the machine in every mode using every feature under several different circumstances on
various sites and being that the Impact is a selectable 3 freq. unit with 12 modes and has several ways
to set it up in each mode = it takes/took a long time to figure everything out not to mention having to
use it on all kinds of different sites under different conditions while having to write report after report
for months on end. Throw in weekly/monthly updates to the machine that you have to test via upload
on your computer thru the files they send to update the machine and by the time you're done "field testing"
a unit for a company = you don't want to look at the machine anymore much less use it for a while!
And the hits just keep on coming!! Congrats on all the goodies there MRH! That I button. You think it came from a Union soldier bringing home a keepsake jacket?

Ed
(05-13-2017 11:34 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]And the hits just keep on coming!! Congrats on all the goodies there MRH! That I button. You think it came from a Union soldier bringing home a keepsake jacket?

Ed

Yeah - I'd say a souvenir in some manner Ed

no other reason for Confederate stuff to be here in the north
Nice digs Congrats!
(05-14-2017 04:31 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs Congrats!

Thanks Ron Yes
MRH , I have a lot of respect for what you did. This great hobby brings me tons of enjoyment and peace as I swing the coils. When it's no longer fun that changes the dynamics. I certainly understand you being drawn to a different detector. Thanks for all your input.
Like the token, love the relics, Congrats!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's