Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: It was worth the hike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got out for a while this morning. Basically just drove around looking for some signs of cellar holes, with no real rhyme or reason. I saw a couple of large apple trees in a wooded area that piqued my interest. When looking at the big Apple trees, I could see where a wire fence was once attached to them. It had to have cut at least 3" into the trees! I put the coil down so I could get my headphones in and my Etrac was going nuts. I thought, well shit...EMI or a ton of garbage. It seemed like a mid time signal so I kicked the leaves back and sitting on top of the ground was the top to a Victorian era change purse. Found a rock wall, and decided to go exploring. I must have walked 3 miles up a mountain. It was a moderate grade with large plateaus every so often, and I had to keep going because I was getting a blanket of iron signals the whole way up. Dug a few to see what they were and found they were rose head nails. Colonial...great sign! Made it to the last plateau on the mountain and got one signal. A mid/high tone, right on the surface. Thought for sure it was going to be a shotgun shell, but I was pleasantly surprised to see a copper coin staring back at me! It's an 1820 Bust and Harp halfpenny. I know, kind of anticlimactic, but I worked for this one! Thanks for looking folks. Found a new cellar hole tonight too, so I'll add a pic of that as well.

Nevermind. File is too large to attach. It just looks like a regular 180ps cellar hole anyways lol
Nice oldie, CONGRATS!
Nice save RM Yes
Not anti-climactic at all. That's a cool find. I had never heard of one but of course I am new to this
Man that's and old coin Relic!! Yes I'd work the hell out of that wall in stages. Start at the top and work down!

Ed
Great find Relic! I was not familiar with this coin , I actually had to look it up online , it has been added to my LONG bucket list.
   Thanks for sharing.I agree with ODF this site deserves to be hit hard.
Pat
Reference URL's