Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hunting in Michigan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turkey hunting that is! But my buddy who lives up here knows that I love to metal detect also and he is living in A house built in 1853. It was originally built beside a church and it was for the pastor of the church. He told me to bring my metal detector up and if we got time I could metal detect. I got up here around 3 o'clock and had about 20 minutes before we were going to leave for dinner. I took advantage of it. In 20 minutes I dug six memorials and two Wheaties and a 1941 Mercury dime. The dime was under a square nail. There is so much iron in his yard I went to the nel snake coil and I am very pleased with his results of finding that dime under the Square nail. Hopefully I will have some more time in the morning to check out more of the yard
Great find Ohio! Love it when silver turns up! Good luck with the future hunts on both venues!

Ed
Nice results for a short hunt. Hope you get a chance to do a more thorough search. At a home that old you might come up with some nice silver that's a bit older than the merc.
I'm headed back up in September to go to a fall festival in the town he lives in. I will be taking a metal detector with me, as I do everywhere I go
Your TPS is outstanding. (Time Per Silver) Congrats !
Reference URL's