Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Prolong the life of your pinpointer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mcUHmihTw
there are a few of them to watch. Looks like you could do this with any pinpointer
Went to Harbor Freight and brought this in red . I dipped my pinpointer in like the video, works great. Used it the other day and you can see the pinpointer easy. Also makes the led light brighter.
Great idea Yes I like putting the red color on it to help spot it in the woods/brush, as I've lost 2 Pinpointers that way. I don't know what the guy in the video is doing (dropping them from a 40 story building? driving over it in a semi?) cause he said he's gone through TWO of them in less than a year!!! These things are built like tanks! God only knows the abuse he's putting his pointers through. Geez lol.

Joe
[attachment=1039]Well, my motto is don't ever pass up an opportunity. And since they just opened a HF 2 miles from my place, I went and took a stroll over there. Wish me luck! And my desk is a wreck.Sad
Ok. Thanks to bulletbob! Tried this with my cleaned up Garrett. Did 3 coats. Vid says 4. My first one I didn't stir it too good. My 2nd and 3rd I shook it up pretty good with the 1/2 hour interval between. Doesn't stink up the place too bad. Kinda like what nail polish or remover smells like. Did it in the bathroom with the vent fan on and tied some dental floss around the battery cap to hold it down vertically from a towel peg while drying. Worked well. Suspect I can strip it off manually and redo it if the can lasts.
Looking good. Been using my a lot and holding up very well. Also I can see it better now when I lay it down.
Thanks for the idea Bob. I had a can sitting around the garage, so did my pinpointer, gb pro 5inch coil and a handle on a small trowel a friend made me. Ray
I did this to my pointer when the plastic got soft from getting bug repellent on it.  It seemed to loose some sensitivity to me.  
That blaze orange sure made it easier to find when I set it down though.
I had to replace the pointer this winter when it started false signaling all the time.  I put a piece of red shrink tube across the speaker to mute it some and increase visibility when I put it down.
that's a good idea!
good ideas guy I might have to take the time and do it I like it on the tip for a wear pad
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's