Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #15 And a real toasty 2 center!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back to that spot again. This time though it was raining pretty good. Warm enough though so I hit it. Did the beach area again and had no luck. Went up on the trail and nosed around in the overgrowth. Got a good strong penny signal and dug up a wheat. Re-swept and had a nickle signal, 51, 52, 53. It did turn out to be a nickle and just as I was saying it better be a buff, the wipe of my glove on it showed me silver!!! Even better, I thought. Then meandering about in the woodsy section I get this real quiet 78, 79 kinda high tone. Pinpointer can't find it so I dig a pretty big hole among the saplings and it's right to the bottom right of the muddy plug I'd guess about 7 inches. Pop it out and I think, token? Do a little rub with the glove and I can barely make out a wreath with a 2 in the center! Turned out to be an 1866 2 center, but further cleaning obliterated the date such that even oil didn't work. Then found another wheat on the way out. Wheats not shown. I was really afraid of getting my phone too wet. It rained pretty good. I was saturated even with a rain slicker covering my upper half and looked like a pig in a sty when I got back to the truck. But I had a blast!!!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Congrats on the finds!! Toasty but Identifiable so it's a keeper!!
Man you've got some harsh soil Ed

nice saves though Yes
(05-27-2017 08:36 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Man you've got some harsh soil Ed

nice saves though Yes

Thanks MRH! Yes we do. Everything copper or bronze mix ends up pretty toasty in most cases. You'd think with all those LC's and this 2 center example I find that there would be some real old silver out there. I know of guys that have found them so it must be there. Going to have to keep swinging I guess. Funny though that this popped with the little 5x8 coil I was snaking around saplings. I'd never have found it with the Tornado because it's just too big to get in there.

Ed
ODF you have some great spots. Congrats.
Reference URL's