Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Almost threw this in the trash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dug this up and it was so crusty you couldn't tell that it was anything other than a hunk of metal. 
But what is it? A Real? Looks like a foreign coin. Silver, Gold? What's it weigh? Can you size compare it to a modern coin?

Ed
It is a 1732 cob two reale [font=sans-serif]from the Potosi mint in Bolivia. I have had it tested and it is silver. It is about the same size as a US quarter [/font]
  • Diameter: 26,00 mm
  • Weight: 6,76 gr
  • 91.7% Silver

[font=sans-serif] Still blown away that I found this in Wyoming[/font]
Awsome! You found pirate treasure!
That is freakin' awesome!!
Excuse the language!
Definitely a show piece. That is an awesome find.
That is a fantastic discovery Geminiz and I am sure glad you didn't toss it. There has been a bit of talk here lately about bucket listers and I think you have certainly scored one. Any ideas yet on how it got there? Like you, it doesn't strike me as something you'd expect in Wyoming. Cowboys from Texas/Mexico maybe? Interesting to speculate about.
The only way I can think that i made it to where I found it ( local Park ) would be that maybe someones kiddo took it from a collection and dropped it. The park I found it in was built in the 70s. I will probably never know how it got there, but I will proudly showcase it in my collection. By far one of my best finds to date.
(06-16-2017 06:16 PM)Geminiz Wrote: [ -> ]The only way I can think that i made it to where I found it ( local Park ) would be that maybe someones kiddo took it from a collection and dropped it. The park I found it in was built in the 70s. I will probably never know how it got there, but I will proudly showcase it in my collection. By far one of my best finds to date.

I'm curious what you have that would be better ?
money wise I have some gold I have found that is worth more, but as far as historical value and just overall cool factor yeah this is my best find. 
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's