Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Found an old homesite in the woods! Here's my 2 cents on the site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remembered an old homesite in the words from about 35 years ago when I was hunting as a kid. Figured out who owned it and went up there this morning with my metal detector. A lot of metal trash. I found a dug well , But had some brick and concrete on top. Trying to figure out the age of this site is hard. I have found round nails and square nails, modern metal in old forged metal. I did find some pieces of pottery while digging. My two best fines or a nickel plated buckle and an1866 2 cent piece.
I may have to wait until winter, it is a jungle in there !

Here's some of the pottery pieces and doodads. Also any idea what these pieces of metal with the holes in them are? I found these at the base of a very big, the only big, tree
The fact you dug an 1866 coin tells me two things. You've got a great place to hunt. And you've got to go back. Love the coin.
Congrats on that Real Nice 2 center Ohio! I got no idea what those things are with the holes in them. Nice plated buckle too! I'd definitely hit the crap out of that site!

Ed
I should add, ALWAYS check your hole. The signal was not good, big iron sound. Low 80's dropping down as it comes off the target on my AT pro. I dug a big part of an iron pot and out of habit, swung the detector over the hole and good signal!! Stuck the pinpointer in and located the 1866 2 cent piece under where the pot was!!
Nice digs Yes

Love that nickel plated buckle and the .02 center is in great cond.

That broken in pieces thing with the holes I would guess to be an ornate sash buckle of sorts
that probably had stones in it (just a guess) but I've seen them like that before.
Congrats on the 2 center, always one of my favorite coins. I think you have a good opportunity with this site, and I hope you can get more good targets out of it.
Very nice, I also found a 1866 2 cent this year.
Congrats!
Reference URL's