Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 ring Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went hunting solo on Saturday at an older school yard that has been pounded a million times over. It's full of junk but I have pulled a couple of bucket list items from there. My first silver quarter was found there. My first Merc was found there. Generally I never leave empty handed even if it's just clad. So Saturday I returned because I wanted to try some different settings on my F75. It's about a 7 acre plot of land which allows you to stay in one place and hunt. Brought all of my coils for the 75 and tried different settings.

Just recently I have begun to dig mixed signals. I will admit I was in the habit of just digging clear, crisp signals. Listening to the tones and watching my vdi I decided to dig some mixed signals. Low and behold I have a 3 ring Saturday. The ring on the right is pot metal that you could tell had a copper wash on it. The middle ring was broken into 3 pieces but all the pieces were in the hole and it's gold. The ring on the left I truly thought was a gumball machine ring. I get home , clean the inside and it says 925 on one side and 18k on the other. Turns out it was an 18k wash over silver.  For me, that's a great hunt. AND a whole lot of fun. Included in my finds is an Uncle Sam play nickel and a watch face.

[attachment=9694]
That's awesome! Never hunted out means never hunted out!!
Nice catch on the rings! Those iffy mixed signals drive me nuts, don't matter what machine I'm using. Congrats on a great hunt for such a small area. There's gotta be more there!

Ed
Thanks OTH and ODF. Both of you kind of alluded to the same thing. I went back today and scored a 14k gold ring. I will post it in a day or two. I want to hit it one more time.
Well done Kajunman! A 3 ring day is a great day. Looks like you are really getting to know your detector. Looking forward to pic of the latest ring.
Congrats! I tried the F-75 for a month. Pretty good machine, but I love my SE Pro.
(05-31-2017 07:44 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats! I tried the F-75 for a month. Pretty good machine, but I love my SE Pro.

Leo taking the time to learn and bond with a machine is most important. Which ever machine fits use that one the most. It really can speak to you. I'm glad to have some experience now. It's paying off for me.
Nice haul KM Yes
Reference URL's